As a college graduate and now newlywed, you'd think I would have the common knowledge of basic things and no longer need to call or text my mother for every single thing I find myself being uncertain about.
These are just several of the non-exaggerated thousands of reasons I contact my mom for or have heard my husband or friends call their moms for.
1. "Mom, how long do I cook chicken for?"
2. "So, how do I know that the chicken is finished?"
3. "I stepped on the spike strip under my carpet, am I going to be okay?"
4. "I had a really bad dream and woke up with anxiety. I know it's 3 a.m., but are you awake?"
5. "How many Tylenol's should I take for my headache? I know it says two, but what if I don't really need two?"
6. "What's the best brand of _______ at the store?"
Enter your own item in the blank- mine changes daily.
7. "My dog is being absolutely insane, but I don't want to hurt his feelings. Tell me what to do."
8. "I'm just really bored right now, entertain me please."
9. "How are you doing? I really am missing you."
10. "Girl, you'll never believe what on Earth just happened to me today."
11. "Insert name here" just did this to me and I am really upset right now."
12. "Mom, I am driving home after work right now and my husband won't answer so what's up?"
13. "Mom, I don't feel like talking to my husband since I'll talk to him later or he won't answer me. I miss you, so talk to me while I drive home."
14. "It's storming outside and I am really scared. Tell me what to do even though you are four hours away."
16. "Mom, I left the creamer out all day on accident, soooo is it still good I really need some coffee?"
17. "My husband bought our dog a shock collar. It breaks my heart, will he hate us? Does it hurt him? Can I just keep it on vibrate?"
18. "I love you, Mom. I just wanted to hear your voice."
Of course, most of these are completely silly and not at all serious conversations, but they are actually legit reasons that either I have reached out to my mom about or people close to me have reached out to theirs about.
My mom is someone who I know will sit there and listen to me vent and then turn around and tell me what's going on in her own life. I can tell you that our conversations will never be dull with each other and will most likely begin with one of these random questions or thoughts.