5 Reasons Why I'll Never Go Camping

5 Reasons Why I'll Never Go Camping

Camping and I aren't meant to be...

204
5 Reasons Why I'll Never Go Camping
Wallpaper Gremlin

Most of my friends love the outdoors, especially camping. For them, camping over the summer is one of the best things you can do, and they often try to convince me to go too. However, I don't think I'll ever go camping, for these six reasons in particular.

1. I'm allergic to nature.

Yup, I have seasonal allergies, which basically means I'm allergic to all types of trees, plants, pollens, and everything you would find in a forest. Now I don't have super allergic reactions like most people think, but I sneeze a lot. So I don't think having to sneeze incessantly and having my eyes water and puff up is my idea of 'fun'.

2. Tents are dangerous death traps.

Tents always seem easy to set up, especially with friends, but they are certainly not. They constantly collapse, with sticks and bearing flying everywhere, and it's certainly a dangerous situation. Not to mention even when you have it set up, it can still blow away with you in it. After all, it's not like its made of steel!

3. The weather is unpredictable.

Weather in summer is often haywire, it's boiling hot in the day, and freezing at night, and there can be tons of storms. And tell me if I',m wrong, but I don't particularly want to be caught in a hailstorm in a flimsy tent (thus the blowing away part). I'd just personally rather stay in a nice hotel with air conditioning and nice walls than in the woods.

4. The ground is uncomfortable, to say the least.

What's so exhilarating about sleeping on the ground? It's not a good place to sleep at all! It's dirty, covered in rocks and roots, and is so, so hard. I already have a bad back, so why would I trade a comfy mattress for the dirt?

5. Forests are terrifying.

Humans are always scared of the unknown, which is what makes forests so scary. I don't know what made that noise, or what's hiding behind that tree! For all, I know it could be a fugitive, or a murderer, or a vicious bear! All I know is that I'm not messing with it.

Clearly, the camping life wasn't made for me.