Five Reasons To Become Selfish

Five Reasons To Become Selfish

The word no is a complete sentence.

17
Five Reasons To Become Selfish
Quotesgram

Five reasons that being selfish is at times your best ally.

1. It frees up your time.

When you are selfish with your life you learn that you are allowed to only do things that benefit or only make you happy. You see that you aren't obligated to go to things that don't involve you just because your friend doesn't want to be alone.

2. You learn things about yourself.

Learning about yourself can be an invigorating experience. Suddenly you find that things you supposedly enjoyed, weren't actually enjoyable. You simply find out that you do more for others than you do for yourself and although it's disheartening at first, the first step to fixing a problem is admitting it.

3. It lowers your stress levels.

When the only person you are trying to please in yourself suddenly life becomes easier. The chances of you getting more important things done become greater because you aren't constantly being roped into stressful situations. You have learned the art of kicking stress out when you become selfish.

4. You learn to say no.

Finding free time and having less stress only comes when you learn to say no. The word no is freeing, and it can be used as a complete sentence. No need to justify yourself, just say no. Learning to say no is a huge reason to become selfish.

5. It gives you power.

When you have free time, learn everything about yourself, are stress free, and know that all it took was saying no, you have power. Suddenly power over your life isn't a far fetched idea, and you start to reap the benefits.

Being selfish is not always a bad thing. Sometimes you have to choose your own happiness over being comfortable, even if it doesn't make you happy at first. Remember the word no is so much more useful if you use it in real life not just on paper. Be the most powerful person in your own life.