8 Realistic 2018 Resolutions Every Millennial Girl NEEDS To Have
popular

New Year's resolutions that you can actually accomplish.

2394
Unsplash

I feel like every year I set myself up for failure because I set an extremely high goal as my resolution and then feel like shit if I don’t accomplish it; or I just limit myself to one resolution that is too difficult to complete.

This year I am going to set simpler goals for myself so that I can accomplish multiple goals this year. Here are some ideas if you want some realistic and beneficial resolutions:

1. Save money

This resolution can be difficult, but it is not impossible. It is easy to accomplish this resolution once you set your mind to it. If saving money is a difficult task for you, set a realistic budget for yourself each month. Try to stay close to that budget as much as possible. See what you spend your money on and if you can eliminate any of those costs.

2. Declutter your closet

This one seems too simple to be a resolution but be honest with yourself, do you ever really ever get to it? If you are anything like me you have a bunch of clothes you see in your closet and think to yourself, ‘seriously, why did I buy that?’ but never do anything about it. Decluttering your closet will make you feel so much more organized. Also, can sell your clothes (which will help you save money), or you can donate your clothes!

3. Work out once a day

This is always a yearly goal for me; it is easier said than done though. Try to get yourself to the gym once a day. Once you get into that rhythm you will see yourself wanting to go to the gym daily.

4. Dedicate more time to school

I feel like I always set a certain gpa or exact grades to get that year and then end up disappointed and give up on my resolution. Instead of focusing on a certain gpa, just dedicate more time to studying, doing homework, and going to class. You won’t end up getting disappointed as easily and your gpa will benefit from this goal without you even noticing.

5. Go to more concerts

I cannot get enough of concerts and I feel like they are vital for your happiness. I know this affects the saving money resolution but some artists are cheaper than you think, and if you have a steady budget each month you can put some extra money aside for some amazing concerts!

6. Travel

I understand this cannot always be done due to being on a college budget but try to travel somewhere different if you can afford it.

7. Become a vegetarian

Some of you may be a vegetarian already and if you are good for you, stick with it! This is one of my main resolutions this year and I hope more people will join me on this resolution. Being a vegetarian will not only be a beneficial resolution for your health, but it will also be beneficial to the world around you.

8. Do something to help the world

Help this world out by maybe becoming a vegetarian, donating to a charity, volunteering in shelters, going on a mission trip, whatever you want! This resolution doesn’t have to be difficult, with a little money and a click of a button you can help a cause - and don’t just limit yourself to your country because there are multiple countries that need our help.