Real Life Pros And Cons To Dating

Real Life Pros And Cons To Dating

The best and the worst at the same time

13843
Real Life Pros And Cons To Dating
style caster

Getting married and having kids is almost every person's dream goal. Having someone special to wake up next to each morning is something everyone is looking forward to, but with every good thing in life there are pros and cons. No situation is entirely good or bad and neither is any relationship.

Pro 1: Having someone to go to every social event with.

This is great. No wondering who is going to ask me, who should I ask or who is going to be there, there is always a guaranteed person that is going to be right there by your side. It takes away much of the stress of social settings.

Pro 2: You always have someone to do stuff with.

Can't convince your friends to go to (insert event here) with you? Just make your significant other go with you.

Pro 3: You don't have to spend Friday or weekend nights alone.

No more questionable blind dates or bored Friday nights swiping through Tinder. Now, there is a person to watch Netflix and eat pizza with all weekend long.

Pro 4: They listen to you.

Most certainly this should go both ways in a relationship, but I've found the best person to complain to about your family and friends is often your significant other. They've probably also spent time around those same family and friends and will nod right along as you rant.

Pro 5: The truly enjoyable moments.

The sweet little things they do, the acts of kindness and generosity, the heartfelt gifts, the good laughs, the moments that make your heart melt.

Con 1: Fights.

It's bound to happen eventually. Just come to terms with it and move on. You will fight. You really will; and you will probably think about breaking up with each other but the first one probably won't be the deal breaker by far. And if you're lucky, it will bring your closer together.

Con 2: Their attitude.

Everyone has had bad days. We all do. But at some point, your significant other is going to sass at you or snap at you for no good reason and you honestly will consider choking them for it. It will drive you crazy.

Con 3: When they get on your nerves.

No two people are alike. We all have little quirks and gimmicks that are different from everyone else's. Eventually, your quirks will get on your partners nerves. They will probably end up snapping at you for doing whatever it is you do and then a huge fight will ensue. Welcome to humanity, we suck.

Con 4: When they don't listen to you.

Sometimes (especially as a women) all you need to do is talk it out. You don't need advice or their thirty-two step plan for how to make your life better again, you just want to rant and rave about whoever that did whatever and why you're pissed. It's horrible when the other person just doesn't get that and insists on inserting their two cents. Cue another fight.

Con 5: When they hurt you.

Hopefully, this is unintentional in all your relationships, but it's inevitable. They are going to do something that will bruise your feelings and break your heart just a little bit. It will make you question why you even bother dating people when all they do is hurt you. It's okay, hopefully it's all worth it in the end.

Pro 6: They love you.

Yes, relationships are messy and difficult and people are the worst kind of people. But what do we have if we don't have love? Nothing. If that person truly loves you, it won't matter how many fights you get in, or how many annoying things they do. At the end of the day, they are still incredibly important in your life.

I try my best to enjoy the relationships I'm in and not regret any of them the best I can. As trying as relationships can be at times, I attempt to stay positive about the potential for love and compassion in people. Relationships are worth it. Most of the time.