If College Was More Like Harry Potter's Wizarding World

8 Magical Items From J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World That Would Make IRL College More Fun

Forget bicycles, cars, trains, and buses! Use a broomstick to fly in and out of college!

90
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sEaYB4rLFQ

The magical concepts in "Harry Potter" and "Fantastic Beasts" are both fun when it comes to literature, imagination, and adventure. What would college be like if J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World came to life? Many college students who are fans of the Wizarding World will probably want to know.

1. Marauder's map

This map is used by Harry in "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" when he is at Hogwarts and Hogsmeade. Harry is able to keep track of his friends and professors in certain locations. Imagine you have that map in college. My college is big, and big means that people can get easily lost. With the Marauder's Map, you can keep track of where you are and where you need to go. As you move, your name on the map moves. On the way, you can keep track of what your friends and professors are doing. There are millions of people in college, so do not put all of their names on the Marauder's Map. Looking at the map with millions of names on it will drive you nuts.

2. Tom Riddle's diary

Tom Riddle's diary is the main troublemaker in "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets." When Harry writes on it, Tom Riddle replies to him in black ink. I know that this diary is an evil object, but what if it is used for finding answers to homework and assignments? A college student can write down a question and the diary will answer it in black ink. However, the college student has to make sure that Tom Riddle is not the one that he or she is writing to. If you have read or seen "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets," then think about what happened to Ginny Weasley in that story.

3. Prophecies/predictions

Sometimes, there are prophecies or predictions in the "Harry Potter" series. Do you remember Professor Trelawney, the professor of divination? She gives out prophecies or predictions to students in Hogwarts. The most important prophecies or predictions are the ones that show Harry's future. No college student knows what will happen to him or her throughout college even though he or she has a set goal in mind. Some college students do not want to know about their future while other college students want to know about their future. Listening to prophecies or predictions can give college students a heads up for academics, health, and safety. Prophecies or predictions can also help students find their major and minor by having an idea of who they will be in the future.

4. Quidditch

Do you remember the fun sport called quidditch? My college has a quidditch club. I do not know if other colleges have this club. Instead of playing the usual sports, why not try out for quidditch? You just have to be careful when you are on the broomstick. If there were quidditch games, how many people will purchase tickets and see the games? These games will be a great break from college. College students can also embrace their passion for the "Harry Potter" series during the quidditch games.

5. Broomsticks

Forget bicycles, cars, trains, and buses! Use a broomstick to fly in and out of college! My college uses buses to get students to different campuses. If there are broomsticks, everyone will be flying to different campuses without waiting for the buses and going inside crowded buses. Broomsticks can be a great use for commuters especially if they live far away from their college. When parking the broomsticks, make sure they are put somewhere safe, so that people will not steal them.

6. Owls

Owls can send messages in and out of Hogwarts. They can send messages in and out of college. College students can contact friends and family via p-mail. P-mail is a term for a type of communication when messages or objects are sent by birds. A book used this word when this communication is being used. P-mail can also bring gifts and food to college students. College students do not need to pay for food at college. Homemade food can also maintain a healthy diet.

7. Wands

College ladies, if a man is stalking or attacking you, use a spell to stop him! Pepper spray may not completely stop the man. College gentlemen, woo your women by doing magic tricks for them. They might like magic or might be "Harry Potter" fans. Keep your wands to defend yourself, but try not to use any curses.

8. Nifflers

My favorite magical concept is the niffler. In the "Fantastic Beasts" series, Newt Scamander goes on his journeys with a niffler named Dougal. Dougal likes shiny objects and can put them in his pocket. His pocket can carry the biggest objects by making them small. Let's say you forgot something in college. If you have a niffler, it can get you food, college supplies, sanitary products, or money while you are in class. Make sure that the stuff is only at college because you do not want the niffler to go to faraway places and get tired in the end. The niffler can also be your pal as you go through college. Just make sure that the niffler is safe. Do not let the cars hit it. Do not let people step on it. Make sure it knows how to navigate college. Out of all beasts, Dougal is my favorite beast. It will be sad if he dies later on in the series.