Instead Of Binge Watching Neflix, Pick Up A Book During Quarantine

Do yourself a favor and finish that book that has been collecting dust.

4

We all love a good netflix series that we can binge in 2 days, but, frankly, I am getting tired of looking for something to watch every couple of days. So I have decided to put myself and things I already have to use.

I have tens of books on a shelf that have yet to be read. I always tell myself that I am going to start a book, but I always get distracted by TV, which is unhealthy for me. Instead of watching that season of Wizards of Waverly Place again, I plan to pick up a book that I have always wanted to read.

I know starting a book is the hardest part of reading, but if you set aside a time to start, you will eventually not be able to put it down. I love the feeling of having a book to read. I always said that I was not much of a reader, but I love it when I get to add a new book to my finished list. After all of this finals stuff, I am going to make it a priority to read more.

In a time where we are encouraged to stay home (and in some places, demanded to stay home), we should take the time for ourselves to sit outside and read a good book. Do your research, find a book, and read it. You could even just pick a book off of your shelf and try it out. If you don't like the book you picked, then put it back, and find another one.

Try and get yourself off of Netflix because Netflix will be there after quarantine, but the time to read a book won't be.