Reaching out to God

Reaching out to God

We need to be reaching out to God and outreaching to others.

209
Reaching out to God

When was the last time you reached out to somebody you really cared about? Did you visit them, or set up a time where you could get together with them? This is a story about a couple of friends who used outreach to extend their hands to help those who needed it the most by outreaching to God and using outreach as part of their tools to bring others to Christ. I want you to think about a time in your life when you reached out to somebody then stretched out your hand for God to help you through those challenges in your life.

Brittney and Steven were two friends who were always trying to find creative ways to serve God, through their missionary work. They were in France, and decided that they would make it a goal to reach out to the members of the community by helping them arrange small church services and also setting up a blood-drive for the many families who had loved ones in the hospital. When the blood-bank was set up many families came together to donate to those who were in need of the various blood-types that were donated. Together the two friends were making a difference in that small community.

A few weeks later Brittney and Steven found some children who were in need of some help, so they reached out their hands and offered to help care for the children and through their kindness they showed what it meant to reach out to others. They were not selfish in their acts and also throughout their mission work in France, they always prayed that God will be with all of the families and people that these two individuals came into contact with during their mission. Steven suddenly became ill and could not go out into the field for several days, but Brittney continued to serve the people in their community, and even helped Steven until he could return back to work for the purpose of using outreach to bring others to Christ. Once he was feeling better they started to see that they have been busy outreaching to others, and not fully reaching out to God, during those times and through that realization they realized that to be a better missionary they needed to shift their focus back to Who truly mattered.

Fast forward two months later: Steven and Brittney re-shifted their focus back to God and they started reaching out their hands to serve him while serving others. They then learned that extending your hand to God was the ultimate purpose of their mission in France, along with serving others while giving God the glory. They also learned a valuable lesson and that is: God is always near and sometimes when we loose track; we need to be extending our hand and reaching out to God; for he is the father and wants his children to reach out to him during the good and bad times no matter what they may face in their lives.

Brittney and Steven continued serving in France for another three years with their outreach programs on their mission fields, but instead of making it all about just helping one another, they made it about serving God and serving others by reaching out their hands and giving the glory to whom it truly belongs. Together these two best friends and missionaries decided that they will continue to reach out to God and outreach to others while giving God the glory in everything they do and they continued to reach out to God throughout the rest of their lives, even when they left the mission field in France.

*God wants us to reach out our hand to him, not just in the difficult times, but in our daily lives. Sometimes it may be as simple as a phone call, or hanging out with a friend who really could use some encouragement. As Christians we need to be encouraging one another and reaching out to God. He will reach out to us if we reach out to him, and we need to be reaching out to others in a way of serving Him throughout our daily lives. Outreach projects are good, but not if you try to make it about yourself instead of God. Reach out to those you care about and reach out to God, not just in the dark; but always for he is always near and will be there to help reach out to you, and encourage one another. Reach out to God and also reach out to others.

Psalm 136:12 (KJV) With a strong hand, and with a stretched out arm: for his mercy endureth for ever.

1st Thessalonians 4:18 (KJV) Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Titus 1:9 (KJV) Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

Amen.