A Rating Of 10 Gluten-Free Snacks I Have In My Kitchen

Some gluten free snacks are honestly better than the original versions.

62

I have been gluten-free since February when I was diagnosed with Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE). In celebration of my recent news of having ZERO eosinophils in my esophagus as of last week, here are ten gluten-free snacks I have sitting in in my kitchen with me right now.

1. Lance Gluten Free Baked Original Crackers

These are essentially just smaller and gluten-free Ritz crackers. They are so good! They taste almost the same, just a little crunchier, and they almost have a slight buttery taste.

Fooducate Grade: B-

2. Goodie Girl Birthday Cake Cookies

OK, these things are the bomb. They are delicious! They are gluten, peanut, egg, and dairy free. They are basically the same concept as a golden Oreo.

Fooducate Grade: C

*3-5 ARE ESSENTIALLY CHEEZ-IT KNOCK OFFS*

3. From the Ground Up Cauliflower Crackers-Cheddar Flavor

These are my favorites of the cheesy snacks I've been experimenting with. I was a goldfish addict when I ate gluten, so I've been trying to find a good replacement. This snack is smaller and crispier than a regular Cheez-It. It reminds me of broccoli cheddar soup and I LOVE it.

Fooducate Grade: B-

4. Lance Gluten Free Cheddar Cheese Crackers

These are also pretty good. They are probably more similar to a regular Cheez-It, but it is a little too much cracker and not enough cheese for me.

Fooducate Grade: C+

5. From The Ground Up Butternut Squash Crackers-Parmesan Flavor

Also delicious. Not as good as the cauliflower cheddar ones in my opinion, but still a great and light snack.

Fooducate Grade: B-

6. Enjoy Life Soft Baked Cookies-Snickerdoodle

OK, I'm not going to lie, at first I was not so sure about these cookies. But after one I was honestly kind of hooked. Enjoy Life is a great allergen-friendly brand free from 14 major allergens. I haven't experimented much with their other stuff, but these cookies are one of my go-to desserts.

Fooducate Grade: B-

7. Cheerios

Not everyone realizes Cheerios are gluten-free. I think I would die without them — not to be dramatic. They have been my favorite food for years, and I have them just about every day and normally more than once. They are so great for your heart too!

Fooducate Grade: A- (Original Flavor)

8. Bob's Red Mill Oat Bars

These are my favorite bars, and I love bars. My favorite flavor is Peanut Butter Banana & Oats but they also make a PB&J flavor and just a PB&oat flavor that are both great!

Fooducate Grade: B- (Peanut Butter Banana and Oats flavor)

9. Larabars

More bars! My favorite flavor is the Cashew Cookie. What I love most about these bars is that they are so simple. In the Cashew Cookie bar the only ingredients are cashews and dates.

Fooducate Grade: B

10. Skinny Pop

I love popcorn. But skinny pop is my favorite brand to buy. It is the perfect light snack that you can buy pre-popped or poppable.

Fooducate Grade: B+

Some other snacks I love are gluten-free pretzels, potato chips, sweet potato chips, smoothies, GoMacro bars, straight up marshmallows, and more.