Yes, I Rather Go To A Concert Than A Party

As a self-proclaimed concert lover, I can say with 100 percent certainty that I would much rather spend my time going to concerts with a handful of good friends than go to a nightclub, party, or anything of that nature. Some of you might think it's a bit odd for me to say that because a concert is like one huge party. However, I think of concerts as something much deeper than that.

To me, a concert has so much meaning. It is one of the only places, in my opinion, where gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, and ethnicity, does not matter. It is a setting where everyone there has something in common. The music speaks to its audience, and everyone present can relate to it in some sort of fashion.

People who wouldn't normally talk to each other, now have an opportunity to do so, because they have the same musical tastes. The feeling of being apart of an audience, and singing your heart out is an indescribable feeling. When the stadium becomes pitch black and isn't lit by anything except cell phone screens, candles, etc., I feel as though I become one with myself, and experience connections with those around me.

Concerts are expensive, and when I have the opportunity to go to one, I feel as though I'm the luckiest person in the world. Saying that I'm excited to go to the "Death Of A Bachelor Tour" in March, and "The Emøtiønal Røadshøw Tøur" in January, is an understatement. Not only do I get to spend more time with my best friend, but I also get to see a few of my favorite artists.