6 Things I'd Rather Be Doing Than Studying For Finals And Writing Papers

The time between midterms and finals can be difficult for a lot of people. Most college students find their rock-bottom during this period. If you're not stressed beyond belief during this time, you've probably sold your soul to the Devil. In that case, can you please pass my name along? I'm getting really tired of this.

Everyone is tired and most likely sick with whatever is going around campus at the moment. We all are so stressed that we can't think straight and we are behind in seven classes, even though we're only taking five. It is like being in Purgatory: a neverending torturous state that you know will end soon, but that end is still just out of reach.

Of course, none of us like being like this. We would much rather being doing literally anything else at the moment besides planted to a library table, straining our eyes to cram those studies in or write a ten-page paper in a less-than-appropriate amount of time.

Here are a few things that I personally would rather be doing.

1. Sleeping

media2.giphy.com

I feel like this is a given. I'm so tired because I stay up all night doing work, and then I take a quick nap during the day, which makes me stay up late. It is a viscous cycle and I feel bad for even allowing myself to rest my eyes for 20 minutes during the day.

2. Reading anything that isn't class related

media1.giphy.com

I can't remember the last time I actually got to sit down and enjoy something I was reading because I wanted to read it, not because I was forced to because I would be quizzed on it. Maybe it was the summer? I'm not sure; I don't even remember yesterday.

3. Watching a movie

media3.giphy.com

It's just not realistic during this time. If I have time to sit down and relax and watch a movie, then I should be studying.

4. Playing The Sims

media1.giphy.com

At least in The Sims 4, I'm happy and rich and not in college so I can enjoy life. Yes, it's a form of escapism, and no, it's probably not a healthy coping mechanism.

5. Making myself a home-cooked meal

media0.giphy.com

There's something so relaxing about putting time and effort into cooking or baking, and then the satisfaction of eating a good meal. Unfortunately, I don't have time for that, so it's down to fast food and stuff I can stick in the microwave for a few minutes until finals are over.

6. Being in a coma

media1.tenor.com

Not literally, of course. But isn't there something so appealing about just sleeping for days on end interrupted? I'd like to be woken up after a while, but it's better than studying nonstop.

Remember to take care of yourself during these trying times and practice healthy self-care. Remember not to wear yourself too thin that you burn out before finals are over and please, do not put yourself into a coma.