I Ranked 'The Office' Characters Arbitrarily But Correctly

That's what she said.

2144

"Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy. Both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

16. Toby Flenderson:

I shouldn't have to explain myself here.

15. Ryan Howard:

Ryan's just a grade-A jerk and is rude and lazy and just awful. And he has this weird personality 180 once he takes the job at corporate. He used to be semi-nice but then he just turned into a MEGA douche. Also, how did he manage to just not go to prison after committing fraud?????

14. Jim Halpert:

This one will ruffle some feathers. It's not that I dislike Jim, it's just he's kind of annoying. He's just kind of there, and definitely isn't the funniest character. He's super sweet and I love him and Pam's relationship but overall, eh. Also he has a huge nose.

13. Kelly Kapoor:

Also just SUPER annoying. She has good one liners. "I'm the business bitch" is a classic. But she doesn't really contribute anything. She's one of those that could go missing and I wouldn't notice.

12. Andy Bernard:

aka the Nard dog. Andy always means well but I don't know how vital he is to the cast. He is for sure funny but is another one that is just kind of "there". Him and Angela's relationship was the WORST. I know it was meant to be hated but man did I sure hate it. He's a sweet guy but just not a standout. I do love when he punches a hole in the wall though.

11. Meredith Palmer:

Personally, I think Meredith's funny. She's crass, inappropriate, and makes people uncomfortable...what's not to love? I'd pick her over Ryan any day. When she lights her hair on fire? Amazing.

10. Darryl Philbin:

Aw, Darryl. Darryl doesn't get enough credit. He is really funny and when I love when he messes with Michael. He has a good heart and really grows throughout the series. Remember when he teaches Michael it's "cool" to say "Bippity boppity give me the zoppity?".

9. Oscar Martinez:

Oscar is another one that doesn't get enough credit. He is always the most level-headed one in the office but still remains pretty funny. I'll never forget when he and Michael embraced. He was a bro and didn't sue the company. Also he runs a blog called "There's No Accounting For Taste", sealing the fact that he's maybe the one fun accountant in this world.

8. Pam Beesly:

Another one that might be unconventional. Pam is super nice and helpful. She puts up with all of Michael's crap and she hasn't had it easy in life. I would rank her lower because in all honesty she isn't super funny or anything but "I feel God in this Chili's" is enough to put her towards the top.

7. Stanley Hudson:

Oh, Stanley. He's just the best. He's the grumpiest guy in the whole show but still manages to be a crowd favorite. I feel a connection with him with our shared love of pretzels. He can also be kind of a jackass, but I'll overlook that because "DID I STUTTER".

6. Angela Martin:

I'm probably one of the few people that would consider Angela to be one of my favorites. I just think she's super funny. She's super sarcastic and impatient yet she's strangely conservative and has an unhealthy obsession with her cats. I also always quote the most obscure reference to her which is that my wedding song will be what she wanted hers to be: The Little Drummer Boy. Also her and Dwight are the best.

5. Phyllis Vance:

Ugh I just love Phyllis. She is by far the sweetest in the office and I just want her to be my great aunt or something. She's also surprisingly raunchy and that just makes her so much funnier. "I wonder what people like about me...probably my jugs".

4. Kevin Malone:

Oh gosh, where to begin with Kevin. There aren't words to describe him. From his love of M&Ms to his "The Police" cover band, he's easily one of the most lovable characters on the show. He's definitely not qualified to be an accountant but that's okay because we love our Cookie Monster.

3. Dwight Schrute:

Dwight is someone I would absolutely hate to actually work with, but I absolutely love him. He's just so weird and everything about him makes no sense, but at the same time makes perfect sense. I'd kill to stay at his beet farm. Truly an amazing character.

2. Creed Bratton:

This one is going to throw everyone for a loop. But yes, you're reading that right, I LOVE Creed. I don't know, maybe it's the fact that everyone else I talk to about him hates him, but he's just my favorite. He has all these incredible one liners and everything about him is so random and confusing. I feel like his life story is so so interesting and I so wish there would've been a whole episode dedicated to Creed. Who could forget "What's a text?", "The Taliban's the worst", or "If my parents see this I'm dead", OR when he wears that black wig to act like he's young??? What can I say I love the guy.

1. Michael Scott:

This was probably very predictable, but of course Michael is #1. Michael Scott is one of the greatest TV characters of all time. He has the best heart. He loves every one of his employees like no other boss has before. He's immature and has the humor of a 12 year old. He's just hilarious. I never fail to laugh at anything he says/does. Michael Scott is the best we'll ever have. THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID.