Thoughts You Have During Your Longest Lecture

25 Random Thoughts You Always Have During Your Three-Hour Lecture

Zoning out is your brain's way of saying, "You look bored. Let me take you to a better place."

64

Every college student has that one class that they just can't seem to pay attention in. It's typically the two-hour or three-hour lecture classes where the professor talks in a monotone voice about the most boring subject on the planet.

Whether it's your history professor talking about ancient Mesopotamia, your P.E. teacher talking about how "important the quad muscle is", or even your religion professor going on and on about how skeptical Christianity is.

It happens to everyone at some point during their college career: you find yourself slowly zoning out, your professor's voice becoming distant, and your thoughts run wild.

1. I'm really freaking hungry.

Yeah, that granola bar didn't hold for as long as I thought it would.

2. Is that me that smells... there's no way... what is that smell?

I put on three different kinds of deodorant...there's no way that's me.

3. Where did I put my student I.D.?

I swear it was in my jacket pocket and now it's not there! Some totally stole it and is going to use all my swipes.

4. If you think about it, I just have to make it through 30 minutes six times.

30...29...28...27...2--okay, I give up.

4. I wonder what my cat would be like if he were a person?

The damage that man could do with thumbs is unlike anything I could ever imagine.

6. Wow, okay buddy in the front row, let's quiet down with the Chick-Fil-A.

Literally, I can hear your chomping from back here. Get a grip.

7. Is that guy sleeping or is he dead?

Dying of boredom is definitely possible.

8. WHY didn't anyone tell me it was going to be 100 degrees in this classroom?!

I think I'm having a heat stroke...someone should call an ambulance and get me out of class.

9. Just two hours and fifteen minutes left.

15...14...13...12--I'm over this.

10. Oh, shoot... my stomach just growled so loud. This is the most embarrassing moment of my entire life.

Hey, buddy in the front row, pass be back some fries.

11. If I passed out because my blood sugar dropped I could leave class.

But...is it worth it?

12. How do they expect me to get from one side of campus, all the way to the other side in 10 minutes??

I'm going to call somebody. I don't know what I'm going to say, but I'm calling.

13. I would be out of class if I were in high school.

There's a reason classes weren't supposed to go passed 3:00.

14. Half of this material I'm not even going to need in life.

As long as I know the Mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell, I think I'm good to go.

15. If the apocalypse happened right this second, what is the best possible weapon that I could find?

Well, this 300lb textbook would probably do the trick.

16. Alright, girly, if you keep clicking your stupid, pink, sparkly pen we're gonna have to take it outside.

I literally couldn't focus on the lecture even if I wanted to, freaking clicker-happy Sydney over here is making too much noise.

17. An hour left.

I could've napped this whole time.

18. Ok, hypothetically, if aliens were to come down onto earth, and come in this classroom...what are we even supposed to do?

They have a drill for every other natural disaster. I think aliens should be added to the list.

19. How does someone talk for three hours straight?

I mean I enjoy talking and all, but like seriously?

20. Oh my god... he's actually snoring.

Nope, he's not dead. Just sleeping.

21. Literally 30 more minutes.

I seriously don't know how I've lasted this long.

22. I'm literally going to have to walk for five years to get to my next class.

And it's cold and rainy. OVER it.

23. I swear if he assigns a writing assignment with five minutes left...

I think that might make me even more annoyed than clicker-happy Sydney,

24. THREE MORE MINUTES

3.........2........1.......FREEDOM

25. I am truly a survivor.

There is no one else who would've been able to make it through that class like I did. Hungry, sleepy, and bored. I'm truly a survivor.

Every student has one of these thoughts pass through their head during their three-hour lecture about the most boring subject on the planet. Whether it's counting down the time, complaining about other classmates, or thinking about how hungry you are, there's always interesting thoughts that pop into your head when you're that bored.

Next time you're bored out of your mind during the lecture, write down all the random thoughts you have throughout the class. I bet you'll find it extremely entertaining when you look back on it.

And if you're one of those people who finds every lecture absolutely fascinating, I applaud you for being able to do what many of us cannot.

You're probably also a psychopath... but we'll leave it at that.