Why You Should Take A Random Adventure

Why You Should Take A Random Adventure

Spontaneous trips are thrilling in all aspects.

359
Why You Should Take A Random Adventure
Store.Ragan.com

This past week I was busy trying to make plans for my weekend. Living in a small college town, I realized that I almost always do the same thing. After complaining for a few hours, my friends and I got the great idea of traveling just to do it.

We chose to head to a hot spring in West Virginia. I mean, why not? Getting in the car made us all realize how great it is to travel -- to see something new. The car ride, random bathroom stops, and scenery only added to our pleasure.

You may ask yourself, what's the point of traveling? Well, it's something fun to do. Going somewhere you've never been is exciting. Getting together with some of my college friends and heading to a strange place is a thrill. You always see people posting about going to elaborate, exotic places, and major cities. If you are on a budget, head somewhere small like a national park, museum, or just go explore nature.

We're at an age where we can travel. Ten years from now, we will have kids, responsibilities, and big jobs. We need to make the best of what free time we have left. This spontaneous adventure I just took was such a fresh, exciting experience.

My challenge to you is to take my advice. Do something spontaneous. Go on a random traveling adventure. Going somewhere new with your friends is one of the most fun things I've ever done. Take a week to plan one, and then go for it. I promise you won't regret it.