11 Reasons Why "Thor: Ragnarok" Is The Funniest Marvel Movie

11 Lines From Thor: Ragnarok That Prove It's The Funniest Marvel Movie

Just a little rock, paper, scissors joke for you.

73
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1Zm-8zHfBC/

If you're a fan of Marvel movies, you're quite aware of the fact that it's one of the funniest franchises out there. Superheroes really get the chance to shine when they've got infinite options to drop one-liners after every well-timed blast or shot. Thor: Ragnarok, directed by the impeccably funny Taika Waititi, is the funniest Marvel movie of all, and here are 11 lines that prove it.

1. This exchange between Surtur and Thor

Marvel

This is Thor's first scene in Ragnarok, and it perfectly sets up the more comedic tone of the movie.

2. Thor's story about Loki's mischief 

Marvel

Anyone who has siblings understands.

3. The classic "get help" trick 

Marvel

Only surpassed by the height and distance Loki reaches from Thor's throw moments later.

4. Topaz' animosity towards "Scrapper 142" 

Marvel

Let's be honest, we're all going to start calling our friends booze hags.

6. Korg's whiplash 

Marvel

Korg was the most endearing character in Ragnarok, and this line showcases both his heart and stupidity.

7. Thor's introduction to Sakaar 

Anyone who's ever unwillingly been roped into a yoga class understands this feeling.

8. Loki's play 

Marvel

One of my favorite parts of Ragnarok was Loki's wish-fulfillment play of his own death. Guys, so much death and destruction could have been prevented if Loki had just been put in charge of community theatre.

9. The Grandmaster's word choices

Marvel

In which he criticizes Topaz for using "the S word."

10. Banner on the ship 

I'm always a sucker for "genius character tries miserably to figure out alien technology" and Mark Ruffalo's expressions here alone are worth the price of a movie ticket.

11. Loki's pastimes 

Tumblr

Listen, we all knew something was going on between him and the Grandmaster.