What Is Randonauting And Why Is Everyone On TikTok Doing It?

If you use TikTok, you're probably aware of the video that was posted in June by a group of friends who followed the coordinates on an app called Randonautica and found a suitcase with human remains in it. The video is very creepy, but how did an app lead them to such a thing?

What is Randonautica?

The app Randonautica, is a free app that you can download from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. From there, once you sign up and agree to some terms and agreements (the stuff that no one ever reads), you're ready to go.

Randonauting, the act of using the Randonautica app, is a way to discover something new in the world around you that may relate to something else in your life or even give you clarity on something you might be struggling with. The scientific evidence behind this is, of course, lacking, but it's one of those creepy TikTok trends that is catching on quickly.

How do you use it?

To use the Randonautica app, you open it, choose the type of quantum point you want, which is either anomaly, attractor, or void. You then set the radius in meters in which you are willing to travel. You then choose from two ways for the app to come up with an algorithm. The next screen will ask you to 'set your intention.' Focus on a word or phrase to guide your trip. Then, press start.' The coordinates Randonautica gives you are supposed to lead you to a place related to your intention.

Sounds crazy, right?

I personally tried using the app in disbelief of all the testimonies.

While using the app, I set my intention on "dogs and cats", meaning while the algorithm generated my coordinates, I focused on those words. The coordinates sent me to a location 5 minutes away from me! I traveled there (with my brother and boyfriend for safety) and it led us to just a house.

Discouraged, we started to drive away. As we started to make a U-turn to leave the neighborhood, a stray cat darted across the car! I was immediately in shock. Coincidence or not, the experience was definitely eerie!

If you decide to go out and give the app a try, here are some tips!

• Try to adventure during the day: the idea of going somewhere new may be exciting, but try and keep it to the daytime. It's safer and stops you from potentially getting lost in the dark.
  • Go with a group of friends if you're not confident: Randonautica doesn't have to be a solo adventure. If you typically go out with friends, you should do so here, too.
  • If it looks dangerous, it probably is: if you have to go through somewhere that looks dangerous to get to your destination, don't risk it. Safety is more important than your curiosity.
  • Don't trespass: using Randonatica isn't an excuse to trespass to get to your destination – don't do it!
  • Keep social distancing in mind: social distancing advisories are swiftly changing, but always keep in mind when you're going out to make sure you're not endangering yourself or anyone else.
For more information, check out Randonauctia's website!