Inquisitive Life Quotes

18 Quotes That'll Make You Cock An Inquisitive Brow

"It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe." — Muhammad Ali

46
Unsplash/@nonsapvisuals
https://unsplash.com/photos/z65bg9SI-9I

Sometimes, you need just a little bit of motivation in your life and maybe even reflection. Where are you now, and where do you want to be? And most importantly why should I change? What's the big deal? Hopefully, these quotes, which are open to interpretation in any way, will turn some gears in the right direction.

1.  "Never make fun of someone who mispronounces a word. It means they learned it by reading." — Unknown

2. "To be truly positive in the eyes of some, you have to risk appearing negative in the eyes of others." — Criss Jami

3. "There’s always some truth behind 'just kidding,' knowledge behind every 'I don’t know,' emotions behind 'I don’t care' and pain behind 'it’s okay.'" —Unknown

4. "What makes night within us may leave stars." — Victor Hugo

Just as the night sky leaves a starry trail throughout the sky, as darkness or hardship inevitably settles in us, it is important to realize that as it passes, instead of leaving scars, it'll leave stars. A reminder to what we've learned and where we can grow.

5. "Those who had coins, enjoyed the rain. Those who took notes were busy looking for shelters" — Unknown

In this quote, "coins" can refer to those who have less money or just a few coins, whereas people "who took notes" can refer to people who have more paper money. Those who have less money enjoy the freedom of appreciating the smaller things while those who have a lot of money are more focused on the bigger things in life rather than what's right in front of them.

The beauty of this quote is that it can be interpreted in many different ways.

6. "The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." — Mark Twain​​

The day you're born is the day your destiny and purpose is set. You're finally put on this earth to do something. However, the day you realize what sets you apart from the rest of creation is the day you finally realize your goal in life. You're mentally and spiritually reborn so that you can work towards a greater purpose. Once you have that state of mind established, you can live a content and happier life.

SEE ALSO: The Fusion Between Bond And Blood Forges A Beautiful Blended Family

7. "When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be." — Lao Tzu

8. "You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do." — Carl Jung

9. "Passion is born deaf and dumb." — Honoré de Balzac

Sometimes, when you're super duper passionate about doing something, you jump headfirst without considering consequences or advice. That's why it's important to logically and morally sort out your passions and your mindset before fully committing to something you're not 100 percent sure about.

10. "Close both eyes to see with the other eye." — Rumi

When you cut off one of your main senses, your eyesight, you get the oppertunity to depend on other forms of sight like intuition, trust and faith. Just because you can't see something dosen't make it untrue.

11. "What worries you, masters you." — John Locke

12. "The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." — Nikola Tesla

13. "The harder you fall, the heavier your heart; the heavier your heart, the stronger you climb; the stronger you climb, the higher your pedestal." — Criss Jami

When climbing a mountain you may go really high up supper close to reaching the top, but then you tumble back down. You're disappointed, frustrated and have so many unplaced emotions. However, those same emotions are what push you even more to climb again. This time around, every time you place your foot in front of the other, it's with resolution to get to the top. You become a stronger climber and you finally reach the top. People's respect and your respect for yourself will be infinitely higher as well as your will to succeed and challenge yourself.

14. "A thousand words will not leave so deep an impression as one deed." —Henrik Ibsen

You can talk about as many issues as you want and motivate through words the biggest of crowds. But unless you act upon those words, whether there are people there to witness it or not, that will leave a deeper impact both on yourself and those you are trying to help.

SEE ALSO: In Life, Are Choices Really Based On What Makes You Happiest?

15. "The spread of civilization may be likened to a fire; first, a feeble spark, next a flickering flame, then a mighty blaze, ever increasing in speed and power." — Nikola Tesla

16. "Get it down. Take chances. It may be bad, but it’s the only way you can do anything good." — William Faulkner

17. "The most glorious moments in your life are not the so-called days of success, but rather those days when out of dejection and despair you feel rise in you a challenge to life, and the promise of future accomplishments" —Gustave Flaubert

18. "Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them – a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill, and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill." —Muhammad Ali