10 'The Grinch' Quotes That Defined Our Whole 2020 Mood

The, the, the... The Grinch.

4097
IMDB

Since our youth, "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" has been considered a holiday staple. As we grew up, we only learned to appreciate the Grinch even more as we began to understand and laugh along with his cruel-humored jokes.

After seeing a few scenes from the movie and looking up some of his most iconic quotes, I've realized one thing. We've all turned into the Grinch this year. I mean who could blame us though, it is 2020. He's a mood™.

1. "Am I just eating because I'm bored?"

Let's be honest, we've all asked ourselves this question multiple times throughout this year (especially during quarantine).

2. "6:30 dinner with me. I can't cancel that again." 

Who else would we be having dinner with this year?

3. "Hate, hate, hate. Hate, hate, hate. Double hate."

I'd like to direct this one to the entire year of 2020.

4. "I guess I could use a little social interaction." 

I think we all feel this way at this point. Seriously, I miss normal social interactions.

5. "Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9, I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness." 

This year was filled with staring at the ceiling and scrolling through TikTok. Oh, and whipped coffee. We can't forget about the whipped coffee.

6. "Blast this Christmas music. It's joyful and triumphant." 

Personally, I know Christmas movies and music have been bringing me a lot of joy these past few weeks. So until the time comes, I am going to be rewatching Christmas movies on loop and blasting Christmas music.

7. "Help me... I'm feeling." 

This year really has made us feel a lot of different feelings. Maybe too many feelings.

8. "Be it ever so heinous, there's no place like home."

After spending so much time at home this year, it's total natural we are experiencing a love/hate relationship with it.

9. "If I can't find something nice to wear I'm not going." 

Let's be real. We all said this and, well, we were only going to the grocery store.

10. "Maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more." 

Although this year has been tough for a lot of different reasons, it has taught us to look at things differently. So I think just like the Grinch, we all will be moving forward with a different perspective.