After mid-semester break, it is easy to get caught in the "hump-day" of the semester--finding ourselves adding an extra shot to every espresso drink we get, taking an extra nap (even though we had more coffee than usual), and putting on sweatpants instead of the cute outfits we promised ourselves that we would wear every day this semester.
There is hope, my friends, for Thanksgiving is in our sights! Thanksgiving break marks the final checkpoint before the end of the fall semester, and as I write this article, there are only 26 days left until we stuff ourselves with harvest food while avoiding the canned cranberry sauce like the plague. Here are some quotes to get you through the remainder of the semester (with the help of Dunkin's Maple Pecan Latte).
1. "Live life as if everything is rigged in your favor." -Rumi
2. "If the road is easy, you're likely going the wrong way." -Terry Goodkind
3. "Oh, what we could be if we stopped carrying the remains of who we were." -Tyler Knott Gregson
4. "In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you." -Andrea Dykstra
5. "Anything you can't control is teaching you how to let go." -Jackson Kiddard
6. "Maturity is learning to walk away from people and situations that threaten your peace of mind, self respect, values, morals, and self worth." -Unknown Author
7. "No one is you and that is your power." -Dave Grohl
8. "Being happy is a very personal thing and it really has nothing to do with anyone else." -Esther and Jerry Hicks
9. "Start each day with a grateful heart." -Psalm 107:1
10. "It's okay to not have it figured out." -Jen Saviano
Copy these quotes down in your planner, repeat them to yourself in the mirror, and wake up truly believing that you've got this. Soon it will be time to give thanks for pumpkin pie, stuffing, and sweet potato casserole. Until then, enjoy the spooky season, the candy, and the success you'll have from all of the hard work that you're doing.