10 Times That Almost Made Me Quit My Study Abroad Program

10 Times I Wanted To Quit Study Abroad

I've had some close calls.

157
10 Times I Wanted To Quit Study Abroad
Nour Elshazly

While there are some unglamorous things that can happen to you while abroad, there are oftentimes things that happen which make you want to quit your program entirely. I've had a few of these close calls my first semester if we're being honest. This semester, I've started to get into the swing of things and make the best of the good days I do have. But, reality isn't perfect.

When I got locked out of my apartment and paid a locksmith $380 to let me in

When I went to Italy and found out there was lice in the apartment I was in

When I thought I was going to miss my flight back to London when the shuttle got delayed

When something new seemed to break in my apartment every day

When you've been on a constant cycle of catching an infection because of people congestion

Everytime I notice more rats scurrying along the subway platform

The amount of times my bus would randomly stop and tell everyone to get off in the freezing pouring rain

When our heating stopped working during the coldest weekend in London

When my landlord refuses to acknowledge/take care of issues in the apartment

Every time I end up stuck on a delayed tube

At the end of the day I know these experiences will help shape me for the better and they all serve as lessons learned. Here's to a better second semester.