I Went A Month Without Working

I Went A Few Months Without Working

Yes, I am broke, but I'm LIVING.

68
https://unsplash.com/photos/8i2fHtStfxk
Unsplash

Yes, it is how it sounds. I am broke, but I've let myself take a chill pill.

Usually, someone's first job only lasts for about a year. I've been at my first job for three and a half years. With some patience, I stuck it through.

Doing customer service will take a toll on a person, especially if you actually take the time to make each person feel good about their day.

I found myself drained after each shift like I was depleted of all energy. I found myself making jokes that I was going to quit anytime until I realized that was what I really wanted. It was finally my time to go.

I started to realize that I was only sticking around because that job was all I knew. I became comfortable with my coworkers and I didn't feel like having to get trained elsewhere.

But I didn't want to stay in my comfort zone any longer.

I know when it's time to move on to the next chapter in my life since I absolutely despise the idea of getting stuck in one place. I started to realize that the only way to leave was to do it based off of spontaneity. Of course, I gave my two weeks, but I did so without having another job lined up for me.

I felt like I broke off a piece of me when I left. It was bittersweet actually. There are times where I miss my coworkers and my regular customers, but it feels good to move on.

I've been spoiling myself since I have more free time. I've been able to catch up on some shows and do some more things that I've been dying to do like get my health together and develop some type of workout routine.

I've always been cautious of my money, so being reckless with it recently honestly made me feel happy. Luckily, I've been able to rely on my savings, and because I live at home with my parents, I've been fortunate enough to be able to take some time.

My point here is that once in a while, you need to reward yourself and be careless. It doesn't necessarily have to be in the way I've chosen to, but it should be in a way where you feel like you're treating yourself.

Although once in a while I feel weird about not going to work, it feels nice to have a vacation from the responsibility of it. I also patted myself on the back for quitting without having a backup plan. It made me realize that I don't need to always have a plan.

Not knowing made the process fun.