Everything You Need To Know About The Coronavirus

Yes, The Coronavirus Sounds Scary, But Once You Know The Details It's A LOT Less Intimidating

Here are all the infectious details you need to know about the coronavirus outbreak.

1597

On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization declared the coronavirus outbreak a "public health emergency of international concern" (PHEIC).

First and foremost, it came from reckless human beings. The deadly virus has spread from bats to snakes to humans. Yes, you read that correctly. Researchers have found the origins of the coronavirus down to bats. Snakes eat bats. Now, in China, humans eat snakes and bats, along with other kinds of animals.

The origin of the coronavirus was first detected in Wuhan, China. We cannot blame the Chinese for the upbringing of the coronavirus though. For those of you who consume meat, you are just as guilty for upholding such archaic standards for humanity. How many more ruthless derivatives of lethal viruses need to come to light for you all to see the light?

Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that are common in many different species of animals, including camels, cattle, cats, and bats. Rarely, animal coronaviruses can infect people and then spread between people such as with MERS, SARS, and now with 2019-nCoV.

There are so many elaborate food webs and as scientists, we all cannot possibly understand the complexity and depth of the critters involved in our daily meat production factories. This can safely be said considering the fact that not even 50 percent of the ocean's life is known. There is so much unknown, yet as humans with brains that can think we serve ourselves short and then cut our lives short as a consequence.

It is time to think and it is time to act — now.

The symptoms of the coronavirus (2019-nCoV) are fever, cough, and shortness of breath. These symptoms will appear relatively two to 14 days after exposure to the virus. Lancet's most recent study on the coronavirus from Wuhan. China confirms that all their patients were exposed to the Huanan seafood market and they all had pneumonia.

Now it is safe to say at a crisis time like this we all should be practicing our own personal safety measures. Change begins with one person at a time, or all at once by all means! There are now 60,000 cases and the death toll is 1,357.

For those of you who are away from the outbreak, be sure to stay healthy and hydrated! Take some extra time out to exercise it helps pump up your lymphatic system to help drain out those toxins! Furthermore, avoid consuming and applying animal products.

Yes, there is reason to be concerned about the virus. But no, it doesn't mean you're going to automatically get it.