14 Questions 'This Is Us' Fans Are Asking After Season 3

We Need Answers

13
Youtube

“This is Us” has taken the world by storm over the past two seasons. We’ve all grown attached to the characters, their struggles, and their stories. The constant plot changes between the different storylines keep us hooked, constantly wondering what will happen next to our beloved characters we’ve come to know. The season finale of season 2 left us all in shock with multiple cliffhangers and questions still unanswered.

If you’re a “This is Us’ fan, here are 14 questions you probably have. (Oh, and season 3 airs in September. Mark your calendars!)

1. What’s going on with Deja?

After Deja’s mother left her with the Pearsons for good, we saw another side of Deja, and not a good one. She’s rude, miserable, and not the happy kid we saw her blossom into. At the wedding Toby’s mother told her she looked just like Randall, calling him her father. The last thing we saw of her was her walking out of the wedding tent and smashing the windshield of the car with a baseball bat.

2. Kevin? New girlfriend? Vietnam? WHAT?

The last thing we saw of Kevin was him and Zoey (Beth’s cousin), who we’re assuming is his new girlfriend. They’re on a plane about to land in Vietnam. I know I was very confused by this, and can’t wait to see how this story develops.

3. We’re still going to see lots of Jack, right?

In season 2, we finally learned how Jack died (and we will probably never look at slow cookers the same way again). I think it’s safe to assume that everyone loves Jack. I mean, how could you not? Will season 3 still include lots of Jack?

4. Are we going to learn more about Jack and his brother?

We’ve seen very little of Jack’s brother, and he’s only mentioned him a couple times. Will this part of the story develop more?

5. Are we going to get background stories on Toby? What about Beth?

We know the history of nearly all the characters on the show. 2 characters we don’t know much about are Toby and Beth. Perhaps season 3 will shed some light on their past?

6. Who are Randall and grown-up Tess talking about?

Season 2 left us with grown-up Tess and older Randall talking about going to see “her”. Who is “her”? Deja perhaps? I guess we’ll find out next season.

7. Will Kate lose the weight?

From the first episode of season 1, we’ve known that Kate struggles with her weight, and has for a long time. Will Season 3 be a turning point for her? Will she lose weight?

8. How did Rebecca and Miguel end up together anyway?

This one definitely interests me and quite honestly pisses me off. I mean come on Miguel, you don’t go for your dead best friend’s wife. That’s totally breaking bro code. How did these 2 end up together? What did the kids think?

9. Where are Rebecca, Randall, Kate, and Kevin living after the fire?

The fire completely demolished their home, leaving them in a hotel for the episode with Jack’s funeral. Where do they end up? With Miguel possibly?

10. Are Kate and Toby okay?

We got a sneak peek of what’s in store for the newlyweds at the end of the season 2 finale. Toby was in bed, seemingly depressed. Kate explained that she talked to his doctor about adjusting his medications. Will these two be okay?

11. We know Randall went to college, but what about Kate and Kevin?

Since Kate didn’t end up with a music career, it’s safe to assume she didn’t get into her first choice of college but did she even go to college? When we first met her she was working at a diner. And what about Kevin? He obviously didn’t go to school and play football, but what does he do instead? How did this lead to an acting career?

12. Will Randall and Beth foster another kid?

Okay, well we have no idea what’s going on with Deja, and where or not things will work out with her, but is there a possibility of them fostering another kid?

13. Will we see older Kate and older Kevin?

We’ve seen glimpses of older Randall and Tess, but what about the others? Will we see more of a storyline focus on these older characters?

14. Can it be fall already?

How can the producers actually expect us to wait until September? What will our Tuesday nights consist of until then?