10 Reasons To Watch Queer Eye

Can You Believe I Only Came Up With 10 Reasons To Watch 'Queer Eye,' The List Could Go On Forever

This reboot is exactly what we needed.

38

Yes, it's another reboot that no one asked for! But this time, it's a reboot that Netflix has control over, so it's bound to be amazing. And it is! Psychology, hair, cosmetics, fashion, family, food, and interior design are only some of the show's elements! It's deep, it's meaningful, it's funny, and it changes lives. Here are my top ten reasons for you to watch "Queer Eye" on Netflix:

1. Positive message

Every single episode is filled with great messages about support, love, and kindness to yourself and others. They also all have happy endings. If you crave positive reality shows that aren't filled with needless drama, this is the show for you. It's very cleansing.

2. Shows amazing transformations

Turns out, everyone has potential for fabulousness! Even if they need the help of five random gay men to see it. If you love makeover montages in films where a character goes from eh to amazing, you NEED to watch this show.

3. Changes lives

Holy wow. The people that the Fab Five visit begin in a very low place, but you can really see the positive difference by the end of the show. They look better, feel better, dress better, cook better, and are just overall better in general. They reach a potential they never saw as realistic for themselves until now.

4. Redefines masculinity

Guess what? Men cry. And we as a society really need to let them know that it's okay. "Queer Eye" is helping them see that, as there are tears shed in every single episode. It's human, and not a feminine thing to do! We all have tear ducts and pent-up emotions that need to come pouring out of us! We also all like to look good, so let men pamper themselves, dammit!

5. Diverse men

There are straight men, gay men, trans men, and even women featured on this show (and of all ethnicities and cultural views). All the men!

6. Doesn’t focus on sexuality when it doesn’t need to

People can be turned off when the topic of sexuality is the only thing people talk about, and there is a negative stereotype that the LGBTQ+ community is the main offender when it comes to that topic. Well, this show is a slap in the face to anyone who subscribes to that stereotype! It's a show about DESIGN and HELPING OTHERS, not sexual preference. This show does a great job of remaining true to it's mission, while still keeping it a good amount of gay.

7. Hot gay men

I think pretty much everyone can appreciate hot people. Watch this show if you like to look at hot people making other people look and feel hot. It's hot.

8. Inspirational

Dramatic personal changes happen! None of us are who we were ten years ago! But sometimes, we need some help reaching our potential, especially if we don't even know what our potential is.

9. Begins important conversations

Politics, gender and gender roles, racial discrimination, stereotypes, coming out…these conversations NEED TO BE HAD. It is a part of life, and this show presents both sides of the story every time. Want to see a black man and a white police officer have a civil conversation about the problems they face? Watch this show.

10. Great overall design

I am a huge design nerd. It's how I grew up, my mom being a graphic designer and my dad being an information and customer experience designer. So when I tell you that this show is aesthetically pleasing and that the Fab Five know what they are doing when they create wardrobes, hairstyles, and whole house interiors from scratch, trust me.

Please, please watch this show. You are bound to love it no matter who you are or what walk of life you come from. Chances are, you can personally relate to someone on this show, and watching them transform may even make you a better person. What is your potential? Probably even better and higher than you think.