10 Queen Lyrics TO Live By

10 Inspirational Queen Lyrics Every College Student Should Live By, In Honor Of 'Bohemian Rhapsody'

As the movie Bohemian Rhapsody hits theatres this week, let's celebrate the greatness of the band, and appreciate the beauty and depth of their music.

13916
20th Century Fox

Widely regarded as one of the greatest bands in the history of music, Queen redefined the industry and captured the hearts of audiences with their innovative and bold approach to music. Over the years, they have produced some of the most iconic songs ever made, and are firmly embedded into pop culture. As the movie Bohemian Rhapsody hits theatres this week, let's celebrate the greatness of the band, and appreciate the beauty and depth of their music, and how it can serve as an inspiration to people worldwide, but specifically, to college students.

"Open your eyes/Look up to the skies and see" ~Bohemian Rhapsody

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn1zCIlFU4W/

Of course, beginning with the title song, and unarguably the most iconic song the band ever produced. It's a weird amalgamation of different musical styles, with seemingly nonsensical lyrics. However, the song does not fail to impart a few words of wisdom amidst all the chaos. Here, the band asks people to keep an open mind and be willing to welcome and explore. Still relevant in the modern day. For college students, this is impeccable advice - as we move into a new chapter of our lives, it is essential to try out new things and stepping out of your comfort zone.

"So don't stop me now don't stop me/'Cause I'm having a good time, having a good time/I'm a shooting star, leaping through the sky/Like a tiger defying the laws of gravity" ~Don't Stop Me Now

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm-7cWZlpjs/

A song of pure energy and excitement, "Don't Stop Me Now" encourages listeners to enjoy and celebrate life like never before. Great message for everyone, not just college students. Oftentimes we worry about the little things too much, instead of living in the moment and having fun.

"In the quiet of the night/Let our candle always burn/Let us never lose the lessons we have learned" ~Teo Torriatte

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/560487116117388430/

Heading towards a slightly more serious note, the first part of this lyric is obviously referring to the daily late nights pulled by college students. Probably not, but it's oddly fitting, isn't it? It is, however, important to note that the college experience is a journey of self-discovery and exploration, and you will stumble and falter on this long road. Regardless, one must never give up, and take learning from one's failures.

"Buddy you're a young man hard man/Shoutin' in the street gonna take on the world some day" ~We Will Rock You

https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/11/2/18048688/bohemian-rhapsody-review-freddie-mercury-rami-malek-bryan-singer

A more motivational push by the band here, as they encourage everyone to take charge of their own lives, and do something great with it. For college students, this is essential as we must now take initiative on our own, taking on new challenges.

"Oh oh we'll keep on trying/Till the end of time" ~Innuendo

https://www.discogs.com/Queen-Innuendo/release/7528520

A simple yet effective lyric to convey the importance of determination and never giving up. No matter what comes in your way, you can push through it, move past the obstacle, and conquer your fears!

"I try and mend the broken pieces/Oh, I try to fight back the tears/Oh, they say it's just a state of mind/But it happens to everyone" ~It's A Hard Life

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/is-rami-malek-singing-in-bohemian-rhapsody-freddie-mercury-voice

Let's be real: it's a hard transition for everyone to move into college. Going away from all your family and friends, only seeing them once or twice a year, it's frustrating and upsetting. However, it is important to rise above that and continue with an upbeat attitude. As the lyrics say, it happens to everyone, and not unique to one person. So, if you're struggling with these issues, know that people all around you are in the same boat, and they will help you get through your emotions.

"I cannot run, I cannot hide" ~My Fairy King

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b_rO4oekSc

A relatively unknown song, yet a perfect metaphor for young adults moving to college. It's a time where you are faced with difficult challenges, responsibilities, and the burden of being completely independent with your life. Instead of running away or trying to hide from them, learn to embrace it, and face your challenges head on!

"You had your time, you had the power/You've yet to have your finest hour" ~Radio Ga-Ga

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/bohemian-rhapsody-2018

Well, getting to college was a challenge in itself. However, now you are equipped with all the resources and plenty of opportunities ahead of you, so it's up to you how well you use them. This popular Queen song encourages you to make the best of the diversity and resources of college to make yourself proud through high accomplishments.

"I have to find the will to carry on/(On with the show, on with the show)/Show (show must go on, go on)" ~The Show Must Go On

https://www.pghcitypaper.com/pittsburgh/barely-mediocre-bohemian-rhapsody-undersells-the-legend-of-freddie-mercury/Content?oid=11744470

The college experience will give you many moments to cherish. However, there will also be instances when you struggle, you feel like giving up. The show, however, must go on, as the song says. Life will continue moving on, and so must you, so get up, dust yourself off, and keep up pace, because you're in for a marvelous ride.

"We are the champions, my friends/And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end" ~We Are The Champions

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn9ClyQhlLm/

And to end on a high note, another one of Queen's most iconic songs. Quite self-explanatory, the lyrics essentially suggest that if you believe in yourself, then you can be on top of the world. Nothing is too difficult, nothing is impossible. All you have to do is keep fighting and searching for it, and you will eventually achieve your goals.