How Many of These 11 Qualities of A True Music Geek Do You Possess?

"It's all I-IV-V-I really"

73
Public Domain

So are you are a true music geek or simply a musician with some nerdy moments? Let's find out! Here are 11 common qualities of a true music geek, how many do you possess?

1. You NEED TO know the historical context of a piece.

"What's the era of this piece, I need to know how to correctly approach this trill?"

2. Nobody has ever heard of your favorite composer. EVER!

"Boo-teh-who-da? Who's that?" — Your Friends

3. You rearrange your life to fit in more music.

"Well, if I skipped dinner and gave up 2 hours of sleep, I could totally join that ensemble."

4. You love seemingly random musical genres.

"It's all I-IV-V-I really."

5. During your part-writing exercises you fantasize about being Bach.

Until you play them on the piano... *gulp*

6. "I can't I have rehearsal tonight" is your response to most social things.

Not that you don't have fun or socialize in rehearsal...

7. Except concerts. You attend 5,000 weekly.

This is totally you, exuberantly applauding the musical mastery you just witnessed!

8. You love confusing people with obscure musical terminology.

"You have to play it giocoso."

"What?"

"You know... giocoso."

"Dude, chill. This isn't music theory class."

9. You firmly believe music should be a part of public education.

"Music is never optional."

10. You never complain about music theory class.

Okay, maybe sometimes you complain....

11. You have the words "music geek" in your social media bios.

It's official then. You must be a music geek!

How did you score?

Tell me in the comments below.