Putting Sex On The Table

Putting Sex On The Table

The importance of healthy sex conversation.

1120
Putting Sex On The Table

Talking about sex is more important than many people realize. Feeling judged, scared, or too nervous to ask questions or openly discuss one's sex life is unfair. I hate to bring it up, but with the rising popularity of Fifty Shades of Gray movie, sex is becoming almost a dinner table subject. The sad part is many people are talking about sex in a negative way, when we should take this opportunity to bring healthy sex talk to the table.

To start off, we are all grown adults in college, or at least more mature than what we used to be. So when it comes to talking about sex with your partner you need to remember that judging only shows immaturity. Asking about someones past sexual history is important, but what is not important is asking someone's 'number.' The infamous 'number' talk will only cause you and your partner to compare sex lives based upon how often you've gotten in bed with someone. It is important however to ask your partner when was the last time they got tested.

A lot of couples think that they don't have to discuss their sex before they have it, or even after they have it. However, it's actually important to talk about what goes down in the bedroom. Talking about your partners turn on's and off's will lead to a more pleasurable sex life, not only physically, but also mentally. There is no need to be afraid when communicating these things to your partner because lack of communication can cause you to have a mental block that can interfere with your sex life. So get your talk on! Oh, and you might want to talk about how often you like to have sex during this time too.

While you're talking about your turn on's and off's, this would be a perfect time to put your fantasies out there on the table too. Remember that your partner has limits and it's important to respect that, but talking about these deep, steamy fantasies will help you find a compromise if that's the case. Who knows, they might be into the same kink that you are, but you're never going to know unless you ask.

One fantasy that no one likes to become reality is cheating. When first getting into a relationship, it is important to talk about what you are looking for out of the relationship and what you don't want. Talking about what constitutes as cheating to you will help clear the air. With social media becoming involved in everything now days, it is vital that you two talk about what is acceptable when it comes to socializing behind the computer. Remember that some people view Facebook photo likes and Twitter re-tweets more important than you might, which is why it's necessary to talk about social media boundaries. No one wants their sex life suffer because they can't stop picturing that Facebook poke towards your girlfriend as some guy wishing he could really poke her.

Overall, talking about sex and topics alike with your partner doesn't have to be something that you shy away from. Putting sex on the table and getting all those topics out there will help you mentally and physically.