The PS5 Is Set To Come Out At The End Of This Year, And I'm Already Excited

Here's what we already know so far about the PS5 console.

6

If you're into gaming, you probably already know that Sony has been working on releasing the PS5 this year. There have been rumors about the PS5 being worked on for years, but Sony finally released a picture of what the PS5 will look like along with a generally vague date that the game console will be released, which they said will be sometime around Christmas.

Many gamers have been waiting for the PS5 to come out, especially since the PS4 has been out since 2013, making it a seven-year-old device. And if you're into playing PlayStation, then you probably know that a new PlayStation console has been long overdue.

According IGN, there is no known information about pricing for the PS5 or when preorders will start, but there are information pages on Amazon and Best Buy on the console.

However, with the PS5, there is a lot that is still unknown about it, such as how much it will cost. There have also been rumors that the prices will range from around $450-$499 in some estimates. If the PS5 does cost $499, this will make it an extremely expensive device to buy and may make it hard for some consumers to be able to purchase it.

On top of that, there may be fewer PS5s available than there was for PS4. According to IGN, Sony plans to make fewer PS5s than they did for the PS4, keeping the initial 6 million units worldwide. This means that it will be harder to get a PS5 then it was to get a PS4. You will most likely need to preorder for the game console if you wish to get it rather than search for it in stores. And if it is in high demand, then it will be even harder to get.

On the positive side, the PS5 is confirmed to have free upgrades to all of the PS4 games. According to Push Square, every PS4 game can be transferred to the PS5 digital games for free. So, at least you won't have to worry about having to rebuy all of your games, which can be a huge pain especially if you have tons of them. This is something that definitely will set it apart from other consoles.

So although there isn't that much known yet about the PS5 there is still enough information to get a rough idea of what it will be like. And hopefully once the price comes out for how much it will cost, it will be less than the predictions of $499, but it's unlikely that it won't be expensive at all. If you love playing on PlayStation, then any new console is a relief from playing the same one for seven years.