The ABCs Of Providence College's Student Bucket List

The ABCs Of Providence College's Best Spots EVERY Student Should Be Visiting

Whether you're a new student or a senior, it's always fun to find new places to explore around PC.

2916

A – The Abby

Just a short walk from campus, The Abbey is the perfect place to grab a burger with friends or take advantage of a cheap meal deal!

B – Big Tony's

Current PC students know this already, but Big Tony's pizza will follow you for four years at PC. New students – Get ready for this pizza to become your new best friend.

C – Cliff Walk (Newport)

You can't visit Newport without walking the Cliff Walk – a great spot for photos and exercise!

D – Den Den Korean Fried Chicken

Just one of the many amazing restaurants on Thayer Street. And College Students – This is a non-tipping establishment!

E – The Great Escape the Room

A fun place to bring a group of friends and get off campus for a little bit. Also super close to UMelt (literally the best grilled cheese and mac and cheese you'll find!)

F – Federal Hill

Super close to campus and super good food. Can get a little pricey, so it's usually a place we save for birthdays or when family visits :) PC favorites are Constantino's and Siena.

G – Golden Crust

It's a PC tradition!

H – Humming Bird

Must-try restaurant in Newport.

I – Island Books in Middletown, RI

Must visit this cute, independent bookstore!

J – Jamestown's Fort Wetherill

Formerly a military fort, Fort Wetherill is right on the water and next to a park. It's great for sightseeing, especially if you're interested in history.

K – Krispy Kreme

You can't tell me you don't like Krispy Kreme.

L – LaSalle

LaSalle will become your favorite bakery, I promise you. Current students, please back me on this.

M – Mount Fuji Japanese Steakhouse

Mount Fuji is a fun place to celebrate birthdays and only a few minutes' drive from campus.

N – Newport Creamery

When you're craving ice cream, go to Newport Creamery! It's only a short walk from campus and they have the best chicken tenders and grilled cheese (and good prices!) PSA – Don't be afraid when you hear about their Awful Awful, it's just their signature milkshake (and they're really good!)

O – Ocean Drive

A scenic ten-mile drive on the south coast of Aquidneck Island.

P – Prospect Terrace Park

This is the perfect place to hang out with friends to take pictures of the city. You can see the whole city from the College Hill neighborhood and it's even prettier at night!

Runner ups for P: The Providence Place Mall, the Providence Performing Arts Center, and the Providence Public Library (this is the perfect place for book lovers and you can get a library card for free!)

Q – Gotta Q

A must-try BBQ restaurant in Cumberland, RI!

R – Roger Williams Park Zoo

The perfect place for animal lovers, and super fun around Halloween when they have their Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular!

S – Sakonnet Greenway Trailhead

The perfect place to hike in Portsmouth and Middletown, RI.

T – Thayer Street

Thayer is super close to campus and has a lot of shops and restaurants like Flatbread Company, Den Den, Insomnia Cookies, Kung Fu Tea, and La Creperie. There's also a small, historic movie theatre too.

U – The Umbrella Factory

You should definitely check out this Rhode Island Landmark in Charlestown that specializes in gifts, plants and a petting zoo.

V – Vanderbilt Mansion

If you're in Newport, you should definitely look into touring all of the mansions!

W – Water Fire

Water Fire is a Providence tradition with a lot of vendors and food options – it's a great way to get off campus and meet new people.

X – Xelapan Bakery

A must check to try bakery in Central Falls where you can try authentic Guatemalan foods.

Y – Yuck Truck

Haven Brothers' Yuck Truck is a PC tradition – they're on campus every week and you have to try to it at least once!

Z – Zooma (Federal Hill)

All of the restaurants on Federal Hill are amazing, but this one is my personal favorite! Like the other restaurants, they can get kind of pricey, but they have awesome lunch deals or you can save it for when family visits!

Contenders that didn't make the list – Allie's Donuts (honestly the best donuts I've ever had, and they're on campus almost every day at Eaton Street Café and Ruane Café!!) / Mondoz (it's a PC tradition) / Muse Paint Bar (a great way to get off campus with friends) / Nitro Cart (a fun place to study and get coffee and food) / Tallulah's Taqueria (really good Mexican food and close to Brown and Thayer Street).