The Pros And Cons Of Being A Fashion Blogger

To be or not to be an Instagram influencer?

707
youtube

Since I first joined Instagram, I have been semi-obsessed with the fashion bloggers I follow. I'm a dedicated fan of @cmcoving, @kateireneblue, and @champagneandchanel. Their clothes are to die for. Their hair is always perfectly in place. There's no way they weigh more than 100 pounds soaking wet.

From the Chanel purses to their Louboutin red-soled pumps, I wanted to be just like them. It got to the point where I even made a separate Instagram page so I could be a fashion blogger, too. And I was a fashion blogger - for a whole two weeks until I let the page fall to ruins and lost all of my followers because I quit posting pictures of the high-end outfits I bought for low prices.

So I started making a list of pros and cons to decide whether I should start my fashiongram back up, and I'm here to share the list with you.

PRO: You get free clothes from stores who want you to endorse their brands.

CON: You may not actually like the clothes they send you.

PRO: You get to post super cute photos of yourself in cute clothes while "drinking" a fancy milkshake.

CON: You can't actually drink the milkshake because there are way to many calories in that thing for you to stay a size 0.

PRO: You don't really have to have a "real" job because you get paid to take pictures and travel.

CON: You can't really have a real job because you spend all your time taking pictures and traveling.

PRO: You get paid to post pictures on Instagram.

CON: Who has room for all those clothes in their closet?

PRO: You'll get to make a ton of friends/have a ton of fans.

CON: How can you tell the friends and fans apart? Are they friends with you because you're Instafamous and can hook you up with the latest trends for free or because they genuinely like you as a person?

PRO: People want to know about what you're doing and what you're wearing and where you're going.

CON: Is anything really private for you?

PRO: People constantly compliment the way you look, and it makes you feel great.

CON: If you don't look your best, rude people will say you look like a troll. And if you look good, these same people will talk about how overdone you look.

So, I guess I can't really decide whether I should start my fashion blogger Instagram page back up. If I do, maybe I'll write an article about what it's actually like to be an fashion blogger. Maybe it will all be pros. Who knows?