8 Pros And Cons Of The Fangirl Life
Pop Culture

8 Pros And Cons Of The Fangirl Life

Being a fangirl is fun, but it's not all rainbows and sprinkles!

2313
8 Pros And Cons Of The Fangirl Life

So, like many, I have been dubbed a "fangirl" by my friends and family. Yes, I like bands, actors, movies and everything else you can pretty much think of.

From a young age, I've found joy in being a fangirl. I have found myself in a happier place because of my identity as a fangirl. As stupid as it may sound, here come the reasons why, but I will also be delving into the cons of living the fangirl life.

1. Pro : You make great friends

As a fangirl, I have had the privilege of making amazing friends and meeting people from around the world. I talk to these people every day, and my life would be so much more boring without them! I know that because of them I am happier! Whether you are a gig fangirl or movie fangirl, the same applies — friends make everything better, these bonds formed cannot easily be broken!

2. Pro: Being happier

As cheesy as it might sound, being a fangirl does bring a degree of happiness into your life! It has certainly brought happiness into mine through friends and what I fangirl over. I obviously "fangirl" for a reason, this reason being that I make such a fuss over what makes me happy and what has had an impact on me.

So, my fangirling habit is all for a good cause, I assure you. Through going to gigs to see my favorite artists, or going to see a movie with one of my favorite actors in, just this brings me happiness and offers escapism for a short while!

3. Pro: It isn't just about us, it's about our faves too

So, obviously being a fangirl means that you have someone/something to fangirl over. Being a fangirl normally means that every time your fav is mentioned or when new content arrives it makes you super happy. In some cases, fangirls will defend their favs. Constantly having their best interests at heart, fangirls are sweeties. Someone says a bad word about someone they love? Can count on them to be there to defend them straight away!

4. Pro: Watching your favs. grow

Watching your idol progress and flourish is probably the best part about being a fangirl. You watch as they get more known and grow a fanbase. This means more friends, which is great as it means more laughs and more content to be shared and more experiences to be had. As I wrote this, my friend text me saying her favorite actor is nominated for an Oscar, and if that doesn't represent a proud fan I don't know what will!

1. Con: Lack of money

Yes, unfortunately. Like many things, there are downfalls. The first one being a lack of money. Personally, I always lack money as I buy gig tickets, cinema tickets and merch. I just cannot help myself. But throwing money at our favs. shows our support. But then we have no money and blame them, so it really is just a vicious cycle!

2. Con: Lack of sleep

Yes, us fangirls really do lose sleep. Concerts? A midnight showing of a movie? No problem, it's what we love! Timezones? They have something to do with it too. Friends in different timezones also can be difficult as we want to talk to them, but that means one of us will have to stay up late to talk... and it always results in one party asking the time.

3. Con: Twitter spats

Yes, some fangirls STILL argue on Twitter. Personally, I sit back and watch as it all unfolds. This fight can be between two different types of fangirls and never ends in a pretty fashion. However, within two days it is forgotten unless it was a really serious argument in which the majority of the fandom chooses to remember. But there is no need to argue!

4. Con: Distance

Being a fangirl, distance is key. Distance from the friends you've made and your favs. does indeed suck. Sometimes, there's nothing to be done except to wait for them to visit a place near you and then go and see them!

All in all, though, the fangirl life is the best life!