A Promise Letter To My Friends As You Move On To The Next Chapter In Your Lives

I promise that I will not be completely mad when your first child is not named after me.

81
Lizz Braun

Dear friends,

I have so much to say to you. This past year has been amazing because I had the honor to become your friend. I would not have gotten through this year without having you guys by my side every step of the way, so thank you. I hope and pray that we will stay in each other lives no matter what happens, so I am going to make a promise to each of you.

I promise to not get engaged at your wedding.

No matter how much I bust your chops about doing that to you and taking the attention off of you and your lover. I promise that I will not. It is your day and you need to be the center of attention. Plus if I did that to you I know you would either go into labor at mine or fake your own death.

I promise to always support you,

Within 30 seconds of being your friend, you spilled out everything about yourself. I want you to know that whatever life throws at you and whatever you plan to do, I promise to be your back bone whenever you need it. Whenever you feel the right time to spread your news with the world, I will be there cheering you on and making sure you do not chicken out.

I promise to be up for every adventure you throw at me.

This summer will be insanely amazing. Spending two weeks in a foreign country with you will definitely be the best experience in my life. While we are there and for the rest of our lives, I promise that I will be down for on the whim activities no matter when I wake up that day. But, if our summer I anything like the Lizzie McGuire Movie, my father will drag us out of the country asap.

I promise to continue to teach you about fashion.

Fashion is something that will follow you forever. The first lesson was romper vs. jumpsuits and the next will be skirt vs. skorts. Your future wife and daughter will thank me because by the time they come into your life, you will be an expert on all things fashion. I promise to not stop teaching until you know everything about fashion.

I bet your grandmother has a beautiful name, but my name has so many options and nicknames available. For example, Elizabeth, Beth, Liza, Elisa, and Bestsy. Eli, Ezekial, and Elliot are options as well. But I will understand if your husband wants to name your child after one of his family members, so I will allow the second child to be named after me. I promise to not make a scene in the delivery room - or at least try my best.

I promise to learn more lingo.

Bands, stooge, murk, and more. I do not always use them correctly, but I am really trying. There is never a dull moment with you when you use the most ridiculous words in serious moments. I promise to try my best to use the words you teach me correctly and to always inform others about the meaning of these words.