Productive Ways to Not Study

Productive Ways to Not Study

Literally, do anything else other than study.

60
Productive Ways to Not Study
KaboomPics

Over the past few weeks I’ve been so busy with my coursework that I barely have time for anything else. Whenever I’m feeling distracted from my work, it never gets done to the standard that I need it done to, or I read seven pages without retaining any new information. If I find myself staring off into space while not doing what I’m supposed to be doing, I have to take a study break. Cramming information into my mind is useless if I don’t actually understand what I’m reading. These are some of my favorite activities to do while avoiding studying.

1. Cleaning

I never feel like cleaning...unless I’m avoiding homework or an awful test I know I need to study for.

2. “Just one episode”

If I’m feeling especially lazy I will turn on whatever show I’m binge watching (currently Grey’s Anatomy) and watch “just one episode”. Although, this method of avoiding studying is bad, because I normally can never get back out of bed.

3. Take a snack break

I could always go for this kind of break. Pro Tip: If you snack on something KIND OF healthy than it doesn't really feel like a break, it just feels like you're taking care of yourself.

4. Go for a run

Kind of similar to #3, you can’t feel bad for not studying if you're being healthy. You just can't. Plus, exercising normally encourages me to keep being productive. So normally I can go right back to studying after this one.

5. Organize your closet

You know it needs cleaned, why not now? Who needs to study anyway…

6. Chat with a friend

I’m extremely guilty of talking with my roommate when I should be writing a paper. I almost can’t help it! I never talk for only ten minutes either, it always hours. (At least we get along right??)

7. Look at dogs

Literally, I'll end up on a dog Instagram page and end up scrolling for hours.

8. Go to the store

I needed milk, paper towels and I’ve lost all my pens so I needed to go anyway. Just so happens I always get an urge to go while I have a book sitting in front of me.

9. Take a nap

I can’t resist this one, as long as it’s only a 20 minute nap it’s okay in my eyes. It just sucks that I can never only nap for 20 minutes…

10. Create a study playlist

You need music to make your brain work and absorb information, it’s science. Okay, maybe it isn’t science but I still need it.

11. Make some coffee

Caffeine not only makes me happy but it also gets my brain going. Take one drink of coffee for every two sentences you read. When your cup is empty..refill it.

12. Literally, anything else other than study. Call your parents, take a shower, do your laundry. I’ll typically do everything I have to do before studying.

Those of you who are able to study without distractions, and can study well, you’re lucky. I wish I could. Possibly, if everything I need to do is done, then I’ll find it fit to study, but probably not.