The Procrastinator's Guide To Procrastinating Less

Why do it now when you can just do it later?

17
Invisible Bread

We've all been there, your professor assigns a huge project with a due date a couple weeks away. They look at the class and announce, "don't think this is some assignment you can put off until the night before." We look back, roll our eyes as if to say, "yeah right." But then the night before comes and you're so stressed you can't think. Surely you could have prevented this, right?

1. Set your own deadlines.

Sure, that paper isn’t due for a whole week, but your friends have that party and you’ve got a date. Try setting your own due date, even just a couple days before it's due. That way you have your homework done and you can go out with your friends.

2. Give yourself a reward when you finish.

Along with setting a deadline for yourself, you need to reward yourself for finishing early. Before you set out to get that project done, have a reward in mind. Get the project done, and then binge-watch your favorite series.

3. Get rid of distractions.

Maybe sitting down on your bed with the television on isn’t the best way to get your paper written. If you have difficulty putting your cellphone down or keeping Facebook off your browser, try downloading an app or software that will do it for you.

4. Just get started.

The most common excuse we give ourselves is we don't know where to start, but eventually you're gonna have to get it done. Stop telling yourself you don't know where to start and just start it.