If You Do Any Of These 7 Things You Put The "Pro" In Procrastination

You are probably reading this article instead of doing work, aren't you?
51

Congratulations to the people who have their life together! You know who you are, the individuals who are turning assignments in days in advance, working diligently at all times and never straying focus from the task at hand. Truly I can say I am proud of you. Unfortunately, however, I will never be you. I am what people would refer to as a "master procrastinator," and if you are doing any of the 7 things I list below, you probably are too.

1. Consistently turning in assignments at 11:57 PM.

I can assure you, if the deadline is 11:59 PM, there is no chance that it will be turned in before 11:00 PM. Its just not who I am.

2. Having mental breakdowns when you realize how much work is actually due.

Everything is fine and dandy when that deadline is a week away, but somehow that week disappears rapidly. Next thing you know, you have two papers, a discussion post, and a quiz due in 12 hours. This can not be good for my mental health.

3. Forever losing sleep because you refuse to be productive earlier.

Yes, I could've done this assignment earlier but unfortunately I got very caught up in watching Vine compilations on Youtube. Its no big deal though, I'm sure I will be fine tomorrow if I only get about 45 minutes of sleep.

4. Calculating the exact amount of time necessary to get an assignment done.

"So if I start this assignment at exactly 12:53 PM I can have it completed for my 4:00 PM class... maybe."

5. Getting easily distracted by basically everything.

When it comes to getting work done early, literally anything seems more appealing. Instead of being productive, let me stare out of the window for an hour. Or watch cooking tutorials on Facebook. Or stalk that girl in my sorority's, boyfriend's, best friend's, cousin who lives in Colorado. ANYTHING but work.

6. Mastering being productive during the "crunch time."

Yeah I may not have been able to get anything accomplished before now, but as soon it comes to the crunch time, my concentration is unparalleled. And so is my stress.

7. That feeling of victory when you have completed an assignment the night before the due date when your professor told you that you couldn't.

"This is not an assignment that you can do overnight, you have to work on it over time." BET. We will see about that won't we?

All in all, this really is not a healthy lifestyle and I wholeheartedly do not recommend. However, for all of my fellow pros at procrastination, keep working. Maybe one day we can all get our lives together.