These Are The Real Problems With This Country And What We Can Do To Fix Them

Destroy hate before it destroys us.
92

Hate.

It's that plain and simple.

Hate is what controls this nation and we blindly let it take its throne. Hate is what causes the problems with our country and the world today.

We don’t realize it, but we let it control us as well, not just the system or government that we follow. It has made its home in every one of us and we allow it to sit at the head of the table in our dining rooms.

Everywhere we turn we are met with the same face of hate. It circles throughout the media, influencing us all and only showing us the evil in the world, or the corruption of our nation. It is something that we have become so focused on that we don’t even realize it. We have gotten used to seeing it. Many people could argue many things as to why hate has become such a main instigator of our lives, but the true answers lie within us.

One thing that has become a big problem for us is that we have forgotten what tolerance is. The nation and world are so unique and diverse, that you would think that people would be much more accepting of certain races or religions, etc in this day and age, but you will soon learn that that is not the case. Our country is more divided than it has ever been and it’s sad to see.

We let meaningless words define us, such as Republican and Democrat, or Christian and Muslim, or Black and White. Sure, these labels make up part of who we are or part of our beliefs, but how great is your system of beliefs if you let it condone hate? How meaningful are your labels if you let it represent something other than gratitude and consideration? No one is the same and that’s a big thing that needs to be realized. You are not held accountable for the beliefs or actions of others, but it’s up to you to realize that with our differences, we must seek a middle ground. Nothing will ever get accomplished if we keep seeing the world through our own black and white vision.

There needs to come a time where we all agree to disagree, put back our own political and religious beliefs, tolerate one another regardless of beliefs, race, or sex, and that time needs to be now. It sounds cliche and quite cheesy, but have you ever thought that maybe what this world needs is love?

We can replace all the hate and violence in the world if we neglect it, quit broadcasting it, and learn to love each other with an open mind.

Regardless of what you believe or how you were raised, hate should never sit at the forefront of your intentions. Whether you would like to admit it or not, its time we all stepped off our high horse and swallowed our pride for the betterment of this nation. Without love, violence and corruption will consume us.