After Watching All the Marvel Films, I Have Questions

I've Finally Watched All (Or Most Of) The Marvel Movies & I Have Many Concerns

Marvel has a lot of explaining to do.

32

Disclaimer: Some spoilers ahead. Read at your own risk.

All the opinions I've written are my own, so if you've come here to drag me because I'm tearing your fave character apart, you're wasting your time. I am a movie-watcher just like you.

I've finally taken the time to watch a majority of the Marvel movies, or at least the ones that matter most. I saw "Avengers: Infinity War" for the first time last weekend (don't drag me, I have a busy life), and there is just a lot that doesn't sit right in my spirit. As "Avengers: Endgame" grows near, I wanted to voice some of these concerns.

As I watched the end credits of "Infinity War" roll on, I thought about all of the Marvel movies that had come before this, ultimately leading to the tragic deaths of so many beloved characters. There was so much information I had to absorb that I felt overwhelmed at first.

I understand that Thanos has this weird desire to wipe out half of the universe, but his reasoning for it didn't make too much sense to me. Sure, he's your average supervillain: no remorse for human life, arrogant, has a group of minions to do his bidding, etc. But power did not seem like his motivator for attaining the Infinity Stones. He mentioned something about wanting to "rest" and I just couldn't understand why he needed to wipe out half the universe just to take a nap.

If you have a poor memory like me, you probably needed to watch recaps of these movies.

There are so many movies and so much important information to retain to understand the Marvel universe. For example, Hydra is mentioned in a multitude of movies and was featured as the main antagonist in the first Captain America movie. Has their role in the Marvel universe faded into the background, or is there a bigger plan for them eventually?

Another concern of mine is the deaths of certain characters. For example, Loki. He faked his death once, so who is to say he hasn't faked it again to betray his brother once more to join Thanos' team? Also, was there a particular reason why certain beloved heroes, such as T'Challa and Dr. Strange, were made to spontaneously combust into confetti? Why not Black Widow? Or the War Machine? We can go without Scarlett Johansson, to be honest.

Hopefully, my concerns will be dispelled at the opening of "Endgame" and everything will make much more sense. But right now, I'm going to catch up on possible theories and maybe re-watch a couple of movies.