I Know What 'Really Happens' During An Abortion. I'm Still Pro-Choice
Sexual Health

Yes, I Know What Really Happens During An Abortion — And I Am Still Pro-Choice

People critiqued me for being "pro" abortion; well I got the opportunity to research it and here's what I have to say.

182

In Ohio, there was a big ordeal and legislature voting on the "Heartbeat Abortion Bill." Which Dayton Daily News said, "it will be the most restrictive abortion measure in Ohio since the procedure was legalized 46 years ago by the landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling, Roe versus Wade." This bill was passed, making it illegal to perform an abortion if the fetus has a heartbeat. Making it really hard for the soon to be mothers because a heartbeat can be detected early as six weeks. Meaning some women won't even realize they are pregnant and when they do, it will be too late for the chance at abortion in Ohio.

How it was passed was really easy considering the men population also voted on this bill, which I think is unfair because men will not ever have to deal with this bill the way women do. What I don't understand is how women would choose to restrict their women's rights! This gives men an outlet to do more harm.

We are talking about rapists and immature men that can't handle their woman let alone a child.

I had to choose a controversial topic for a speech and I chose abortion because I really wanted to do research on it anyway so I would have the higher ground to the people who want to try and fight me on the issue.

Why? Because some people are educated on the matter!

The research I did focused on two sides, Pro-Life and Pro-Choice. In "Why the Pro-Choice Movement Changed America" by Christina Page, it summarized Pro-Life women as feminists, who, back in the day, described themselves as wanting all births to be planned.

That's right Pro-Lifers, your group was based upon women who did not have sex recreationally, and only had sex for the sole purpose was to have a baby.

I know some people would try and argue that saying that it was back in the day. That's true, now Pro-Life people are broader than that and believe that if you have sex then you are risking a baby. If it were to happen, then the person would have to deal with the consequences.

Which I totally agree with. But I will never classify myself as "pro-life."

I am Pro-Choice all the way because of the fact that all women deal with their own struggles. I want women to be as stress-free as possible. Also, here are some instances that I don't think the Pro-Lifers considered, what about rape, what about females that are unsure of their relationship? Or, what if the female doesn't think she is capable of taking care of a baby? Me, personally, would rather a fetus, who doesn't even have the capability to think, be killed rather than a mother abuse or not take care of a child properly.

And for females that are raped, I personally would commit suicide before I birth a child from a very bad experience like rape. Why would a female want another female who was raped to carry that experience with her for the next nine months?