Finding Your Prince Charming

Finding Your Prince Charming

Raise your hand...

15
Finding Your Prince Charming
Rachel Leach

We’ve all had a dream of falling in love. Growing up, fairy tales introduced us to worlds beyond imagination, worlds where happily-ever-after was real, and dreams came true. Princesses met their Prince Charming and away they went to be married. Sometimes, I still dream of a fairy tale ending, although I know I’m better than that.

When I agree to go out with a guy, there are a few things I keep in mind to look at more in depth when I’m with them. I’ve started to become tired of going on dates with guys that are complete opposites from who they say they were and who they actually are. You might find it embarrassing as you look around the restaurant trying to think of an escape route…come on we’ve all done it right?

With these TOP 7’s in mind, maybe your next date might just be your Prince Charming after all:

1. What are his goals in life? Ask them what their goals are, and if they are similar to yours, they are definitely on the right track so far. You’ll be able to motivate and push one another along the way and who would turn down a support system?
  2. Does he have a good relationship with his family? Family relationships are always important because even though he likes you, you might have to win his mom over too and vice versa. A good family relationship shows that family has meaning in his life and he’ll do whatever it takes to make it right with them.
  3. Dream job? Ask him what sort of job he dreams of pursuing at some point in his life. It’s always good to know about someone’s dreams, that way you know they are doing what they can to make that dream happen.
  4. Is he loyal and honest? I have always felt that loyalty and honesty top the expectations we look for in a guy. If he’s flirting with other girls in the restaurant or the waitress, he may not be the guy for you. If he won’t let you look at his phone before deleting stuff from it, he has a secret, and we all know where that leads. But if he is loyal and honest and has no secrets, that’s a good sign that his focus is only on you.
  5. Similar interests? Some people say that opposite people tend to have a better relationship than people with similar interests, but in my opinion that’s definitely not true. You should prefer a guy with at least four similar interests to at least spark a conversation.
  6. Is he a gentleman? I’m not talking about holding the door for you or paying the check, but is he the guy that makes sure you are taken care of before he is? He’s gotta be the gentleman we all dream of having be ours. Think of all the cute actors from the Nicholas Sparks movies; they are dreamy and heavenly and gentleman, so is yours like that too?
  7. Does he make an effort? This might occur when the two of you are starting to get serious and things are progressing. Take a step back, and think about if he is truly making the effort/time for you. Does he send you the first good morning/last goodnight text? Is he the person that can tell when something is wrong just by how you word a sentence? Or maybe he can tell you that you look beautiful today without even having to see you.

If you think that your guy meets any of these, maybe he could be your Prince Charming. Your first love may not always be your Prince Charming, but we always have to kiss all the toads in the pond before we truly find the one. You’ll know when you find the one, he’ll exceed every sort of expectation you have set for your dates and there might be butterflies in your stomach every time you see him.

On every date we go on, we learn many things about guys that we may or may not like, and there’s nothing wrong with letting someone go. It’s the way love works. Your Prince Charming is out there, I promise; just keep kissing those toads until one turns into a Prince because it’s time to create your own fairy tale ending.