Press Restart Tour: Live Review

Press Restart Tour: Live Review

Walk The Moon and Company of Thieves at The Van Buren in Phoenix.

72
Press Restart Tour: Live Review
Jessica Wear

If you weren't at the Press Restart tour on February 7th, where the heck were you? This place was wall to wall PACKED. The set lists from Company of Thieves and Walk The Moon made all night a non-stop party (and by all night I mean until exactly before the city sound curfew of 11:00 p.m. Same thing).

After a 6 year hiatus, Chicago's Company of Thieves is back in full swing. Pictured above, Genevieve Schatz showcases her impressive vocal power. And that phone receiver being rigged as a second microphone? Such a creative stage presence.

Walk The Moon, you have some new fans in the form of the music photographers of Phoenix, Arizona. Not a single one of us left before the house lights signaled the venue's closing for the night. Pictured is one of the many times frontman Nicholas Petriccia demonstrated hand movements to the beat of the song playing, encouraging the audience to repeat after him. They all did.

Kevin Ray, above, is the bassist of Walk The Moon. This is not a bass. It seems to be a commonality among the touring members of this band to be multi-instrumental which makes for a very intriguing stage presence.

Walk The Moon will be returning to Phoenix with Thirty Second to Mars, K.Flay, and Welshly Arms on July 22, 2018 at Ak Chin Pavilion.