President Trump May Go Down As One Of America's Greatest President's Ever

It all depends on your definition of "great."

126
The Daily Press

President Donald Trump is a very controversial, polarizing figure in American politics.

His frequent tweeting, stances, and chaotic White House have left a particular distasteful attitude in the mouths of many Americans. Most people on social media enjoy tweeting and talking about how bad of a president Donald Trump will go down in history as. But, what if he doesn't?

There's a chance, maybe slightly unlikely, but possible, that Donald Trump actually goes down in history as one of America's finest. In fact, some of America's most memorialized presidents have been some of the most unethical, precedent-setting ones as well, and Donald Trump may be no exception.

In order to make this claim, we'll examine some of the items Donald Trump would be positively remembered for thus far, and compare it to his largest negative trait, his relationship to Russia.

We'll begin with jobs. In 2017, the United States is expected to add approximately 2 million more jobs to the labor force, unemployment dipping into the high to mid 4%, the lowest in years, and Trump's continued touting of American businesses that remain in the United States continues to work well for him at the polls. Even though Donald Trump's job numbers aren't ridiculously impressive compared to past presidents, his previous work as a businessman may increase his favorability in the area of the economy and jobs even after his term is long over.

Second, we'll focus on national defense and law and order. Trump's hardline stance on illegal immigration, crime, and military and defense spending could put him in a great position as a military leader, especially if he continues to expand the military during peacetime. Without his military being physically tested, his increased spending could make it seem like he's a great defender, with the broad interests of America's safety at heart. In addition, if his border wall is built, and that does in fact cut down on illegal immigration, he'd be remembered for his infamous campaign promise for decades to come as well.

Finally, Trump may actually be remembered for his social media usage, and yes, in a positive light. If you look deeply at Trump's tweets, he's mastered the art of publicity and positive campaigning through the app. In addition, he never responds to haters, engages in public social media fights, etc. While his usage of Twitter is mostly considered unprecedented today, it may be the first step in a fast and amazing way for politicians to connect with voters in the years to come.

So above we've examined three areas Donald Trump is well known for thus far in his presidency and could be shaped into a positive light for him, if the cards land right. Trump's biggest issue is Russia. However, comparatively, there's a lack of evidence to prove Trump's alleged collusion with the nation to the east. Trump is being investigated by both houses of Congress, as well as an independent counsel in the Department of Justice that includes seven of a total of 15 attorneys who donated or volunteered with the Clinton campaign. If these investigations continue to progress with no sustainable evidence, Trump will inevitably rise from the ashes as the victim of the witch hunt he claims so frequently he's a part of, pushing his approval percentage up, and embolden him to push forward with his broad, yet aggressive strategies as president of the United States.

All too often, President Trump brings the worst out in people, whether supporting or attacking his reputation. However, remembering the potential positives, as well as understanding that at the end of the day the world will keep turning, will help everyone simmer down. In four years, or eight, another president will come along that ultimately will have just as many pros and cons, maybe just not so obvious, and Trump will fade into the pages of history. However, this page may just be more positive than you expect at this moment. Remember, it's early in his young presidency, only six months into a long and tumultuous four years.