Thoughts Before You Leave For Vacation
Summer

11 Things That Go Through Your Head The Day You FINALLY Leave For Vacation

Getting ready for a vacation can be chaotic and with that chaos comes these 11 thoughts.

53
women sunbathing near pool on summer vacation
Hannah King

It's all fun when you're thinking about your vacation and the week that you'll have on the beach without a worry in the world. And the only thing that stands between you and that life are these 11 thoughts that cross your mind as you're trying to get out the door.

"Vacation!!!"

It's finally arrived — in less than 24 hours, you will be relaxing and won't care about a single thing. What a life to live!

"Did I pack enough?"

While you're looking over your suitcase one *last* time, you begin to wonder if you packed enough. What if it rains? What if climate change takes a turn and it's suddenly freezing on the beach. You think to yourself, "I should really be prepared for all scenarios just in case." As you throw your entire closet into your suitcase.

"How much of the food in the fridge can I eat before leaving?"

Leaving for vacation means you have to clean out your fridge of any food items that might go bad. And if you're anything like me, you hate wasting good food so what's better than a competition of how much food you can eat in less than 5 hours to get your money's worth and not be wasteful?

"Do I really need 10 pairs of shoes?"

Honestly, in my head, I have an event and situation for every pair but my back will thank me if I cut it in half. Oh wait, I forgot those cute sequence cowboy boots that I've only worn once to that one rodeo two years ago. Those have to come.

"How do I still have clothes in my closet?"

Like honestly, you would think this would mean something but I'm just shocked at myself. You think to yourself, "I must not have packed as much as I thought since I still have leftovers in my closet" as you walk by the four suitcases and two book bags.

"What bath products should I take?"

Should I just take my daily products? But what if it's really humid and I need those two other products that I've only used like once or twice? What about a blow dryer? Hardly ever use one at home but hey, it's vacation, I might need it.

"Did I take all the trash out?"

After you've had your eating competition with yourself, you have to make sure that you actually took the trash out and didn't just bag it up and forget about it. That's one way to bring you off of your vacation high when you get home.

"Am I sure that I don't want to bring the dogs?"

I was positive a week ago that I could leave them alone for a week but now, I swear they've gotten more attached to me. What if something happens? I mean, they've never gone on a vacation before, am I depriving them? Will they miss me? I think I'll go pack them up.

"Should I bring my entire home library?"

The beach is really quiet & vacation is all about time to yourself, right? What better way to spend that than drowning in words for an entire week? I've never been a bookworm but hey, it's vacation, time to try new things. Let me go find another bag to put these books in.

"What am I forgetting?"

You're staring at the 20 bags that you've brought downstairs to pack into the car and for some reason, you expect your x-ray vision to kick in so that you can see what's in each bag to make sure you haven't forgotten anything. Eh, what the heck, the Walmart is always open.

"I was sure this color would match my bathing suit but now I'm not sure."

Two days ago when I picked this nail polish out in the salon, I swore it went with my new bathing suit but as I'm walking to the car, I think I've made a mistake. Oh well, let me just go take it off and go through my collection of nail polishes to find the perfect match.

Related Articles Around the Web