7 Ways To Get It Together Before Finals

7 Ways To Get It Together Before Finals

You can do it!

383

As a college student who's own self has been battling 6 classes, a part-time job, a sorority, and the gym all semester, I personally have mastered the art of multitasking work. I finally feel beyond prepared for this semester's terrifying "throw all the work I should have assigned three weeks ago," professors and the always promising, final exams that could possibly save or kill your GPA. So, here are 8 tips I've personally memorized, to help handle your upcoming workload and collect yourself before finals week hits you like a brick (again).

1. ORGANIZATION

Organize, organize, organize. Regardless if it's your day planner, assignment rubrics, dorm room or your thoughts. It's always best to go into a busy week with a clear mind and allow yourself to focus only on the work ahead. Clean out your folders and notebooks to organize your notes for cumulative exams, which will help for future studying. Additionally, cleaning your bedroom and work desk can help to make you feel better when you're just returning home from an 8 hour trip to the library.

2. KNOW THE DUE DATES.

Making a list of your finals with their due dates and scheduled meeting times, will help to take some stress off when the week starts and as someone who accidentally went to an exam after the scheduled time, it's best to make sure you know when and where every test starts.

3. DON'T PROCRASTINATE.

Procrastination might have worked through the past semester and semesters prior, but I can promise when it comes to finals week it is almost always best to do what you can in advance. If your privileged enough to do an essay or project as a final for a class, do it before the week comes so you can instead, fill your time with caffeine-driven 12-hour study sessions for your final exams.

4. MAKE THOSE STUDY GUIDES.

Try to make study guides for your exams, before finals week even begins. This will help to allow pure focusing on only your week's work, rather than cramming small busy-work which takes away from study time. If your teacher already gave you an outline, (lucky) start studying it!

5. ASK QUESTIONS.

If you're confused on a certain topic or instruction in regards to a final exam/project, ask your professor! They are there to give instruction and giving clarification, so don't be afraid to ask questions in advance.

6. STAY POSITIVE.

Usually, when a student starts drowning in due dates, the thought of dropping out sounds even better, but you're almost there! Take a breath, you're going to pass that exam, class and make it to warmer weather where you're not stuck in a 50-minute class. Just imagine the sweet image of yourself on a beach, without the slightest thought of an approaching 10-page paper or cumulative exam.

7. GET SOME SLEEP.

While this might have been a priority all semester, it tends to skip the minds of college students once finals erupt. Sleep before a final is just as important as your week-long studying, so by following the previous tips make sure you're giving yourself enough time in between finals and cramming for at least 8 hours of sleep.