How To Prepare For Finals Over Thanksgiving Break
Education

Because we are going to completely stress about it after

28

We are reaching the end of the semester rapidly. I never thought it would get to this point! I am ready, how about you guys!?

These tips will help you prepare for those finals that you are not ready for! Prepare early and stress less!

1. Grab those study guides!

Most professors will appreciate you studying as soon as possible. Ask your professor if they are willing to put up the study guides so you can get a head start! There is nothing wrong with wanting to do well on finals. Some professors give them in class, don't fret! IT'S OK! Getting ahead wherever possible helps to keep the amount of stress down.

2. Study Effectively!

We all don't really know how to do this as college students... I am at fault as well. To study effectively you need to find a quiet place that isn't very distracting. This helps because you stay focused without worry.

3. Sleep 8 hours every night!

This is very important. If you do not achieve the amount of sleep, it's OK, but strive to do so. 8 hours of sleep is very beneficial to your body and your mind as well. Once studying then going to sleep, you are more likely to retain most of that information.

4. Get exercise!

Exercising is going to help relieve some of that stress and get your mind off those finals. It will also help you focus in on the material you are studying.

5. Cut out the Caffeine, and energy drinks

A little is OK but having them all the time is a no-no because it will raise your heart rate. This directly impacts your anxiety because of the amount of caffeine that you are consuming. Then this will not help you study and stay focused.

6. Treat yourself!

You are working very hard with finals, treat yourself during after a study session and after finals. You deserve it. You did the best you could and you left it all on that test. Most importantly, the day before, do something for yourself. You have studied hard for this test and doing something the day before helps keep your spirit up.

7. Think Positively

If you begin to think negatively then it is very hard to begin to think positively again. If you think positively going into finals you will have a better mind and you will ultimately feel better. Stay positive because there is no need for negativity near finals. Believe in yourself!

8. DON'T CRAM!

Cramming for finals is one of those things that everyone does. DON'T DO IT! It will not turn out well in the end. Cramming makes you feel overwhelmed and begin those negative thoughts. Get started early to feel less anxiety and stress to avoid feeling overwhelmed.

Believe in yourself going into finals and you will be OK! It is OK to stray from these tips and do your own thing! Ultimately, be prepared!