Pregnant Momma's; We Were Robbed.

Pregnant Momma's; We Were Robbed.

It's Okay to be upset...

21
Pregnant Momma's; We Were Robbed.

Dear Pregnant Mama's,

I FEEL YOUR PAIN

The Virus known as COVID-19 has taken it's toll on so much already. With people's lives at risk, with major events getting canceled, companies shutting down and people losing their jobs, it's much more than the world has ever prepared for. We were not ready for something like this and it has shocked us all, but what people don't talk about is the High-Risks that women carrying our future generation are faced with. I am here with you and I am here to talk about it. You are not alone and I feel your pain.

WE WERE ROBBED.

As sad as everything going on is, it drives me bat shit crazy when people tell me it could be worse. We as humans are allowed to feel emotions and we are allowed to express them when something is upsetting. Is it the end of the world? No, probably not, but at that moment in time it is sad. It's heartbreaking that we are being robbed of all the precious moments pregnant women are supposed to experience. Don't allow people to make you feel bad for being upset about not having a moment you have dreamed of, because we did get robbed of those moments, those memories.

We Won't have these Memories

I am sure I am not the only one who had to cancel her baby shower. It is sad. It's a way to celebrate the life of your child. Yes don't get me wrong the presents are wonderful and we are super grateful but at the end of the day, it's about much more. It's about getting loved ones together to celebrate one of the greatest joys in life and that was taken from us. As the group of people got smaller and smaller it became impossible to celebrate at all. And I don't know about you, but I am sad. I am sad that I didn't get to wear the flowered belly band and my Mommy To Be Button. I am sad that I didn't get to get pictures with all my loved ones and my GIANT Belly. I am sad that I didn't get to eat the cake that I was waiting for weeks to eat and had to cancel it. I am sad...and you know what? That's okay. It's okay to be sad. It's okay to have the moments of Selfishness to think of yourself. I will not apologize for it and neither should you. We won't have those memories, especially if this is our first. We won't get this moment back in time. We may plan something for when the baby comes and everyone can get together, but it is not the same. It is not what you had hoped and planned for. It was a memory that was taken from us.

it just gets worse.

As it's bad enough that we had to cancel social gatherings and to make sure we practice the social distancing rule we are now being advised Hospitals are taking severe measures to limit exposures. One person is allowed in the delivery room with you before it was three or four, but now just one. Now to me, this is not a big deal as I do not wish to make a huge spectacle out of it. I know my delivery will probably not be the prettiest and I would like as little witnesses to that as possible, but after the delivery, I want to be able to share my son with my family....and I can't. I don't get to have my room flooded with my loved ones gushing over my son. We will have to hold off on letting people see our new bundles of joy because of the seriousness of the virus and for me that is scary. I am scared that I am bringing a new little life into the world with such a serious health concern that has basically shut down the world.

So to all you pregnant Momma's

You are not alone. Your feelings are valid. I am here for you.