Spray tan streaking prevention tactics

12 Things You Need To Do Before You Get A Spray Tan

If you don't want your spray tan to look like Ross Geller's, please follow carefully.

84
https://www.flickr.com/photos/149428331@N07/39563377582/
NBC//Friends

For those of us who can't seem to get tan from simply laying out in the sun or don't have the time to, spray tans are a great option to keep that fresh summer glow all year round.

Follow these ~tips~ to help make your spray tan last longer and look better.

1. Exfoliate, Exfoliate, Exfoliate!

Before you go to get your spray tan, make sure to seriously exfoliate your body! If you don't exfoliate then the pieces of dead skin that on your body will eventually fall off and take the spray tan with it. Your tan will be patchy and won't look smooth.

2. Shave.

Be sure to shave your legs and armpits before you get your tan. If you wait to shave until after the tan you will literally shave your spray tan off. Also, being freshly shaved will help make your tan look smoother!

3. DON'T wear deodorant to your appointment.

I know this sounds disgusting, but it seriously makes a difference. If you wear deodorant to the appointment then the spray applied to that area will be washed off with your deodorant. You can put it on after the spray tan, just wait!

4. Wear loose clothes to your appointment.

Don't wear a bra to your appointment! Wear a baggy t-shirt and loose, baggy shorts. This way the clothes don't rub the spray tan off before it completely dries. Wear these loose clothes for around 6 more hours.

5. Don't wear makeup.

I have made this mistake once and I cannot tell people enough, please don't wear makeup to this. The spray tan will not fully set on your face the way it will set on your body. When you go to take your make up off, you will take the spray tan off with it. So, don't wear makeup because you will end up with a white face and tan body.

6. Use the lotion 

At spray tan places they typically have blending lotion to put on your finger/toes to help blend the edges of the spray tan. This will help make the lines on your fingers and toes look less obvious and therefore make your spray tan more natural.

7. Don't get the spray tan wet 

If it is raining, make sure you have an umbrella! Don't take a shower for the first 6-9 hours! Don't wash the dishes tonight! If you get even a drop of water on your spray before it completely dries (it takes about 6-9 hours to completely dry) it WILL take the spray off and you will have a white spot.

8. Go at night, then sleep in it.

The best way to avoid all of the "what went wrongs" of spray tans is to shower, then go at night, then come home and sleep in the tan and bathe again in the morning.

9. When bathing afterwards, don't scrub.

When you're showering in the morning, or 6-9 hours later, do not scrub your body because you will scrub the tan off. Even once the tan is dry you can still manage to scrub it off.

10. Pat dry after showers. 

After you take your shower be sure to pat yourself dry. Do this after every shower for a week, or until your spray tan is gone.

11. Keep moisturizing. 

Every night after your shower be sure to put lotion on. Keeping your tan moisturized will make the tan last longer.

12. Get your nails done before.

If you are getting a spray tan for a formal or other special event get your nails done before the spray tan! The spray tan won't mess up your mani/pedi!

HAPPY TANNING :)