6 Ways To Pray For Your Boyfriend

6 Ways To Pray For Your Boyfriend

How to lift him up at all times

25872
6 Ways To Pray For Your Boyfriend
Biblesprout

I remember my boyfriend Tyler's dad telling me that he raised his son to show his love for his woman, by being a hard working man and assuring that she is taken care of. For me, my highest act of love is simply praying for him, as he holds much of my heart, and loves me to his best ability. I make it one of my top priorities every morning, and every night, to thank God for Tyler, and to take time to pray for him.

Here are some things I pray for and recommend for you;

1. I pray for Tyler's relationship with Christ.
I pray that The Lord is pursuing him, and that Tyler is staying close to Him at all times. It's easy to fall off the righteous path, and to forget that God is there. I ask Him to remind Tyler every day of His Sovereignty. All I could ever want for Tyler, is eternal life with Christ. With, or without me in the equation. Therefore, this prayer is the most important one to me.

2. I pray for God to bless Tyler.
Tyler is a very hard working man, yet still manages to find time for me. Therefore, I pray that God blesses his day, his work, and his rest. I pray for blessings to be bestowed upon him in the most needed of times. He deserves any and every blessing that comes his way.

3. I pray for his leadership.

Although we are not married, I pray that the Lord is growing Tyler in this area. Christ said that the husband will lead your family. He should be my spiritual leader one day when we are married, one who I trust and respect. I pray for him to lead me well, to follow Christ in wherever He may call us as a couple. I pray that he learns what it means to be a Godly leader before we are married so he can lead me in the way Christ would desire when you are married. I pray for this, even with the realization that God could call us down different paths, and we may not marry each other. So when praying this, I make it a point to note that I still pray this upon him, even if he marries another woman. I would hope Tyler could be all of this to her, and more.

4. I pray for Tyler's well-being.
I pray that God takes his anxiety, frustration, worry and sadness away. I also pray that Tyler grows the desire to lean on Him in those times of trouble. Now, I am aware that he will have to face all of these feelings, as he is human. However, I pray that he handles it in a Godly manner, and does not let his heart become overwhelmed. I pray that he is reminded of Romans 8:28, and takes that as an application of strength.

5. I pray for his safety.
I pray for God to take care of Tyler. That is the most important thing to me. I pray God places His Protecting Hands upon Tyler, and assures safety to him. I pray He is with him while he is driving, and working. This prayer also gives me assurance that Tyler is in very good Hands.

6. I pray for his future.

As stated above, even if I am not the one he marries, I wish Tyler the absolute best in his future. I pray that God is there, even if I am not. I pray he marries a woman of God, who is able to love him the way Ruth loved Boaz, but most importantly the way Christ loves us. I hope she loves him selflessly, and in the way he deserves. I hope she lifts him up in every aspect of his life. I pray he makes wise decisions, and seeks God's approval in all that he does. I pray he gives God the glory in every achievement, and thanks Him for every blessing.

No matter what prayer you say for your boyfriend, God hears all, and sees your heart.

We are called to love one another, as Christ loves us. I feel as though, the more you pray for your boyfriend/husband, the more you grow to appreciate Christ's love. Loving is a hard thing to do, especially when you are to love someone regardless of their mistakes. I'm a very difficult person to love. And so I thank God, that Tyler wakes up every morning and chooses to see the good in me, and loves me regardless of the bad. I thank God for sending me such an amazing man. I thank God for finding me fit of such love.

I give all Glory to Christ in my relationship. For, without Him, there would not be such. He is the foundation on which I grow my relationship on. I love Christ first, and Tyler second. It is so very important to lift your boyfriend up, in all ways possible. The best way to do so, is through prayer. The power of prayer is unremarkable.

"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him--a threefold cord is not quickly broken." Ecclesiastes 4:9-12