My Prayer For The Spring Semester Is To Radiate Light

It was the night before Spring Semester started. I was feeling the rush of adrenaline that typically comes with the night before the first day of school. I was anxious to meet my teachers, nervous to see who would be in all my classes, weary of the homework and hard work to come, and excited for another semester! My stomach was full of emotions and I was reading my Bible when I stumbled across this verse, and now it's my verse for this next semester and my prayer for all of us.

"If you are filled with light, with no dark corners, then your whole life will be radiant, as though a floodlight were filling you with light." — Luke 11:36

There is a lot going on in this short verse. It challenges me to look inside myself and see where are the dark corners — the places that I keep secret and don't tell anyone about (and like to pretend that God doesn't see), and how can I expose them to the light? The other hard part about this verse is that it's not an option of if we WANT to be lights to the world, but clearly stated that if we do have the light, we will radiate it. If we don't have the light then we won't. Wow! That's hard to hear because as someone who would love to consider themselves a devout follower of Christ, there are many days where I would not describe myself as radiating light.

My prayer for myself, my friends, or anyone reading this is that this semester, we radiate. Maybe we focus on making sure that we are filled with the light and digging into His word, or maybe it means we shed the word and light onto those dark corners we are hiding — either way, I pray that our whole lives will be radiant. Whether we are looking forward to this next semester or simply dreading it, I pray that when people look at us they see a floodlight of Christ shining through us, and see that even in the good and bad that we simply radiate Him.