I Pray For America

I Pray For America

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln

12
I Pray For America

America is in trouble. We as a nation are more divided than ever and people like myself are inheriting a world full of racism, bigotry, hate from all types of people. If you are black, white, Christian, Islamic, gay, straight, Democratic, Republican, old, or young, you are hated and we use these labels to hurt one another. In 2017 it seems like our nation is split into different subgroups when we should be united as one.

I pray for all people of all races.

In a country that is known as a "melting pot" there are people of all races living here. With that being said I pray that people can be judged based on their character rather than the color of their skin. I've have seen too many people be harassed or unfairly judged due to their skin color. Race is something that should be celebrated, race is apart of our culture and is one of the most unique things about a person. We shouldn't tear each other down because of it.

I pray for all people of all religions.

The best part of religion is the impact it has on a person. I love to see people who can live their life according to their religion and live for their higher power. The best thing about America is that we citizens have the right to express ourselves through any religion we choose. Instead of embracing the differences, we feel threatened by beliefs that are not our own. Why? Why are we afraid of something we don't know about? So people believe differently, until we die we will not know which religion is correct. Until then, we should embrace each other and not allow hatred control how we see people.

I pray for all people of all sexual orientations.

Humans are humans. All humans deserve the same basic rights. Although I have certain beliefs on the subject and don't agree with certain practices, I will never think a lesbian is inferior to me because she likes girls. I will never believe she doesn't deserve the same rights as myself. I will never think just because I am straight means I should be put on a pedestal or that I am better than any gay or lesbian individual. And I wont apologize for feeling that way.

I pray for all generations

Us millennials are not liked by older generations and in return some millennials have become the most disrespectful and immature people to those who are older. Now, not all millennials are like that and some of us millennials are very hard-working and respectful. It is our responsibility to take care of the people who took care of us. I pray the older generation would give us a chance and believe we can change the world for the better.

I pray for all people of all political parties

Opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one. That is something I believe is a good thing, not a bad thing. I don't know if I came from a different species but I actually like hearing other people's opinions. I will love to sit and hear other beliefs on political issues as long as it doesn't get dirty and I do not get ridiculed for how I believe. I can't stand when people bash each other and call each other nasty names and stereotype people. Not every republican is a bigot, or is closed minded and not every liberal is jobless or is on welfare. These stereotypes are causing the divide of our country and it is something we need to fix before we get any more divided.

I pray for all the victims and victims' families that are affected by violence.

One of the most heartbreaking things that I have seen in my 18 years of life is the news. I live in Michigan so I see the local Detroit news and every time I turn it on another kid has been murdered by their parents, another woman has been raped and killed, another man has killed another over something stupid. Story after story, victim after victim. These acts of violence is what drives hatred and fear across our country. I have lost people I have loved due to natural reasons, I couldn't imagine losing someone by another human taking their life.

I pray for our military and their families.

I can never and will never understand why a person would harass or try to hurt someone who puts their life on the li

I pray for our President.

Not because I am a die hard Trump supporter, but because if he fails, I fail. Wanting our POTUS to do a terrible job means that you want America to fail. I think what people forget to realize is that he is human. Yes he is held to a higher standard, and some things he says is inexcusable and he shouldn't be tweeting, but he is human. Instead of breaking Starbucks' windows or causing riots we need to use our voices in different ways. It happened, he is our President. We cannot change it.

I don't just pray because I have faith, I pray because I want a better future for our country.