Powerful Inspirational Quotes

5 Powerful Quotes That Changed My Perspective On Life

Words can be more powerful than you think.

132
https://unsplash.com/photos/WZ-YnvCCLug

Little things that I stumble across on a daily basis like quotes in a book, on social media or even just song lyrics have the power to inspire me. And sometimes, they make me stop and reevaluate aspects of my life.

I personally believe coming across things like this can come at the exact time you may need them, even if you don't realize it.

Here are 5 of my favorite quotes/song lyrics that mean something to me:

1. "Little more right now, a little less what's next"

This is a song lyric from the song Smoke a Little Smoke by one of my favorite country artists, Eric Church.

I think Eric Church has the right idea when he sings about spending a little more time in the now than worrying about what's next. I try to remind myself daily of this because I often find myself stressing about the future or what's to come.

Especially being a senior in college, there is a lot of pressure to take life more seriously now. But at the end of the day, enjoying the moment is so important because we'll never get these moments back!

There's always time to find another job or fix a certain problem, but this exact moment in time whether it's spent with family, friends, or relaxing by yourself- live in the moment.

I try to live by this quote to the extent that I even got it tattooed on myself!

2. "Celebrate everything"

I saw these words painted on a canvas at a home decoration store and ever since then I have lived by it (maybe even a little too much sometimes).

But life is so short, y'all! Why not celebrate all the good things? In your own life and in others! For the big and small things! Celebrate everything and be proud of yourself.

3. "Do more things that make you forget to check your phone"

I stumbled across this on an inspiration Instagram account that I follow and it really made me stop and think.

We have the tendency to be so attached to our phones and social media that we forget to live in the moment.

The other night when I was catching up with some of my girlfriends, I was having so much fun just talking and hanging out that I missed like 3 phone calls because I wasn't even concerned with being on my phone. So surrounding myself with people and doing things that make me forget my phone even exists is time well spent in my eyes.

4. "Storms don't last forever"

This is a quote that one of my best friends in high school said to me one time when I was going through a hard time and it has stuck with me ever since. Throughout your life there will be hardships, tough times, and suffrage. But that doesn't mean the sun won't ever shine again. Sometimes it's hard to ever believe a situation will get better or any easier, but just like storms, it won't last forever.

5. "Ask yourself if what you're doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow"

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement. And no matter how big or small, we all have them. Whether your goal is to make better grades, fix a relationship with someone, lose weight, or just be a better person in general- start today!

Because there's no better feeling than waking up the next morning feeling one step closer to the goal you want to accomplish.

Next time you stumble across a certain quote or hear a song lyric on the radio that speaks to you, I encourage you to write it down. Save it in your notes on your iPhone or jot it down on a piece of paper. It will serve as a constant reminder to you and help you be a better, happier you.